Compliance Team Lead
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Compliance Team Lead
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC is looking for a motivated and talented Compliance Team Leader in our Chicago Surveillance group.
- Lead a team of Compliance Analysts responsible for conducting surveillance of IB's global customer base.
- Work day to day with your team of Compliance Analysts to conduct thorough surveillance report reviews and ad hoc investigations into potential fraud, money laundering, manipulative trading and other potential violations of laws and regulations.
- Analyze the results of complex investigations and provide concise written conclusions of your findings to IB's Compliance Management and Legal Department.
- Assist with drafting specifications to create and improve surveillance reports and compliance tools
- Conduct supervisory reviews and provide constructive feedback to Analysts.
- Train, lead and guide your team members on compliance and surveillance related matters.
- Communicate directly with U.S. and foreign clients as part of compliance related reviews.
- Keep up to date on relevant industry regulations.
- Work with programmers to improve systems and address compliance needs.
- Review and draft Suspicious Activity Reports.
- 3-5 years' experience with the SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, an exchange or another broker-dealer or FCM strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience leading others in a fast paced work environment.
- Prior experience in a highly automated environment and/or high degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory issues.
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment, to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Trading background with the ability to understand and breakdown complex trading strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a major or concentration in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Information Systems, etc.
- Series 7 license and a Series 3, 4 and/or 24 license.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of UNIX, SQL, Visual Basic or Perl is a plus.
*Figures as of September 30, 2017. For more information about Interactive Brokers visit www.interactivebrokers.com