About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The Head of Private Credit Compliance will support and provide leadership to Wellington Management's private investments compliance program, focusing on private credit. Wellington is expanding the asset classes, products, and geographical footprint of its private investments business. Therefore, a key responsibility of the role is to work with the Chief Compliance Officer to build-out, manage and execute the compliance infrastructure for private credit.
This role will be a member of the Legal and Enterprise Risk Group and will report to the Private Investments Chief Compliance Officer, working closely with other compliance professionals and attorneys.
The Head of Private Credit Compliance's principal responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as the private credit subject matter expert in providing regulatory compliance advice and guidance to the private investments business and in collaboration with legal and enterprise risk colleagues
- Provide regulatory risk oversight and support with respect to Wellington's private credit clients, including both funds and separately managed accounts
- Collaborate with the portfolio management and infrastructure teams to design physical separation, secure storage, access controls for "private side" information; integrate those measures with the firm's "public side" policies and procedures to identify and prevent the misuse of material non-public information
- Supporting Wellington's private investments compliance program (firmwide) regulatory risk areas including those that pertain to Conflicts of Interest, MNPI, Marketing, Fund Governance, Valuation, and ESG
- Design of applicable control frameworks, including drafting relevant policies, procedures and disclosure
- Participate in developing and conducting regulatory training
- Coordinate enhancements to supervisory processes, internal controls and internal testing
- Collaborate with EMEA and APAC compliance colleagues to drive coordinated outcomes
- Contribute to the evolving design and execution of team processes, workflows and compliance management tools
- Participate in project management of key initiatives to support the private investments compliance program
- Synthesize and organize information, create team reference tools, and assist with enhancing and maintaining team recordkeeping practices
- Support regulatory inquiry and exam management in relation to Wellington's private investments business, as appropriate
- 12+ years of legal and compliance experience working at an investment adviser to private credit or direct lending fund(s)
- Bachelor's degree plus J.D. or professional designation (e.g. CFA) a plus
- Excellent writing skills; experience drafting policies and legal documents a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to self-start, think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved scalable workflows
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously; proactive, self-motivated
- Strong presentation skills and comfort presenting in large groups
- Familiarity with Investment Advisers Act and other rules and regulations applicable to Wellington Management
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)