Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Client Service Management contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service across the full breadth of business channels and markets covered in the Americas region. The Client Analyst ('CA') will work closely with Client Service Managers and be accountable for coordinating client-related activities within our Client Group (CG), as well as other Wellington line functions to ensure that we successfully deliver on the agreed upon operating and reporting requirements of each of our client relationships.
The Client Analyst, in conjunction with the relevant Client Service Manager, provides timely and accurate support to the firm's clients. The analyst works closely with members of various functional areas of the firm on a portfolio of assigned client accounts. He/she will coordinate and conduct analysis of client portfolios, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. Client Analysts also participate in various projects and cross functional working groups related to the Client Service Management function. Key responsibilities include:
- Support a number of assigned relationships from a client service standpoint
- Coordinate various centralized processes for the broad team
- Research and respond to day to day client (or their agent) directed questions including ad-hoc service and operational inquiries
- Conduct analysis, initiate investigations, and respond to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, compliance issues, legal contracts and fee inquiries
- Collaborate with other teams, and identify internal experts to respond to client issues in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate production and timely delivery of any materials for client meetings including presentation books and briefing memos.
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Play a role in the account opening, transition management, account restructuring and account closing processes
- Monitor formal service levels to clients based on size, revenue, and other criteria
- Capture and maintain client and consultant data in relevant internal systems
- Act as a point of contact for various groups within client and consultant organizations
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls as appropriate
- Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of our US institutional clients
- Command a knowledge of the investment business, marketplace, and client investment trends
The Client Analyst will have 2-5 years professional experience within the investment management industry, with strong investment and capital market knowledge. Previous or direct experience supporting client relationships is viewed positively. A college degree is desirable Sound business judgement, strong communication skills, and the ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings are a must.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Demonstrate a good understanding of capital markets and/or investment products, to facilitate comprehension of client/consultant inquiries and requests
- Strong academic credentials, coupled with (or willingness to pursue) a relevant professional qualification, e.g. (CFA/MBA)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail: The ability to not only pull data from the various applications available, but to take a step back and be able to understand whether the data makes sense and consistently produce accurate and timely deliverables
- The ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently, and deadlines are often under significant time pressure
- Strong proactivity and ability to run with tasks from start to finish
- Team player: willingness to pitch in whenever asked and operate in a team-oriented environment
Client Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .