Chief AML Officer
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
Chief AML Officer
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC ("Interactive Brokers") is one of the largest U.S. online brokers, offering electronic trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Interactive Brokers is an SEC-registered broker-dealer and a CFTC-registered futures commission merchant, as well as a member of FINRA, NFA, and all major securities and commodities exchanges.
In the U.S., Interactive Brokers is looking for a Chief AML Officer, to be located in our Chicago Operations Center, who has experience in directing and executing a firm-wide AML program. The Chief AML officer will work with colleagues in the Compliance, Legal and Operations Departments to manage the firm's AML and KYC policies and practices and to ensure that the firm complies with Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, and industry anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee the firm's AML, sanctions, and KYC screening policies, and monitor the effectiveness of those policies;
- Work with New Accounts and Surveillance teams to calibrate and implement customer due diligence procedures;
- Maintain and update written policies and operational procedures as needed to reflect changes in BSA and other applicable laws;
- Assist the firm's in-house counsel in responding to regulatory or enforcement inquiries regarding AML policies or issues;
- Oversee the firm's efforts to make appropriate AML regulatory filings regarding customer activity, including SARs;
- Maintain and update the firm's AML and KYC compliance training programs; and
- Develop and implement remedial action plans in response to internal and external audit findings.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in AML compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with an international customer base;
- Appropriate securities and/or commodities registrations and/or ability to complete further required registration exams promptly;
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems;
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar certification;
- Familiarity with the FFIEC Examination Manual as it relates to AML, KYC, CIP, USA PATRIOT Act, and FinCEN guidance;
- Solid academic background;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience (including bonus and stock grant possibilities); and
- 401(k) plan, paid vacation, medical and dental insurance plans, flexible spending accounts.