C++ Software Developer SUMMARY
Cognitive Capital, LLC seeks a software developer to help develop its state-of-the-art, real-time automated trading system. In addition to possessing excellent analytical and technical skills, the successful candidate will be a creative problem solver, a clear communicator, and a strong team player.
- Strong C++ and object-oriented design skills; familiarity with STL, design patterns and distributed computing, knowledge of network and multi-threaded programming in a Unix environment.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, including complex queries (joins, unions), triggers, and stored procedures.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Python, Perl, shell).
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, training users in software operations, and interacting positively with upper management.
- Flexible self-starter, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- A minimum of three to five years of large scale C++ development experience.
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
DESIRABLE BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Experience with electronic trading systems.
- Work under general direction from senior management.
- Collaborate closely with financial engineering and trading colleagues to understand functional objectives and requirements.
- Design/implement complex real-time trading system.
- Provide production system support, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
ABOUT COGNITIVE CAPITAL
Cognitive Capital, LLC is a proprietary trading firm that adds value to capital markets by providing liquidity through its automated trading technology. The firms financial engineers, portfolio managers, and software developers create and implement the algorithms and software used to execute the firms trading strategies. Cognitive Capital fosters an ethical, data-driven, and collaborative culture that focuses on building robust, scalable systems. The firm is based in Chicago and was founded in 2004 by a former senior partner of Hull Trading Co. and managing director of Goldman Sachs with 20 years of financial markets experience.
Salary and bonus based on qualifications and performance.
First name is required. Last name is required. An email address is required. A phone number is required. resume (required)
A resume is required. Apply for this position © Copyright 2020 Cognitive Capital, LLC