Front Office Developer - C#/Python Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/Equity-Research-Technology--Portfolio-Construction---Analytics-Backend-Developer_REQ1467/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
The Equity Research Technology team at Balyasny is responsible for building and supporting a world-class suite of tools for our portfolio managers and their teams. We are looking for an experienced and eager developer to join our team in supporting this mandate. This growing suite of tools spans across the areas of Research Management, Idea Generation, Professional Development, Broker Relations and Portfolio Construction & Analytics.
- Work closely with Equity Risk Analysts to architect and build cutting edge front office applications.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced team environment to understand, engineer, and deliver on business requirements.
- Strike a balance along the dimensions of feasibility, stability, scalability, and time-to-market when delivering solutions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of work experience as a backend Developer with a focus on Microsoft Technologies (C#, .NET Framework, Web API).
- Experience with Equity Risk based systems.
- Experience architecting and building backend applications beginning from the design phase through implementation.
- Experience with code optimization and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of MSSQL. Specifically query building, table design and performance tuning.
- Understanding of the full scope of application development (authentication, integrating with APIs, build process, testing, validation, state management).
- Experience with source code control (Git experience preferred).
- Excellent communication skills.
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience building Restful APIs.
- Experience with Web Development (ReactJS).
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with MongoDB or other non-relational database technologies.
- Experience working in Agile Development / SCRUM Methodologies.
- Experience working with financial market data from Bloomberg, Reuters or other similar sources.
- Experience with hedge fund industry or other financial instruments/software (research, risk management, portfolio accounting, reconciliation, order management, etc.).
Posted TodayFull timeREQ1467
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.