Advancing global markets
starts with great people.
Join the largest (and only) exchange operator in the Fortune 500.
"Our people, who are our greatest
asset, make what we do possible."
- Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO
Help transform markets anywhere around the globe.
☰ Senior C++ Developer (Network Automation) 📅 19001095 Requisition # 📅 20 hours ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts Job Purpose
Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) owns and operates the worlds most advanced financial networks that are tasked with carrying market data globally. Our networks are designed from the ground up to meet our unique performance criteria while remaining impeccably reliable. Our Network Engineering team both maintains our networks and continually pushes the envelope with technology.
The successful Senior Engineer will gain valuable networking experience with state of the art equipment and cutting edge technologies. This is an opportunity to learn network protocols, concepts, and solutions, as well as the operations of a global organization, including how teams interact, projects are developed and implemented, and strategies are executed.
This role is part of our Network Engineering Development team that works on a variety of projects ranging from long-distance wireless networks to network automation tools. This role be exposed to all layers of the development lifecycle and enterprise SDLC processes at ICE. Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Write and maintain software that interacts with various network devices, tools, databases, market data feeds, and user input
- Gather requirements from relevant business owners
- Keep project stakeholders updated on progress
- Help ensure an orderly release management and SDLC process is followed
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure all new software captures requirements and securely uses the best data sources
- Create and maintain documentation of system components and operations
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure system reliability
- Help train end-users on the use of any new tooling
- Ownership of tools and sub-components
- Computer Science (or related field) degree
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with others on both an ad hoc and project team basis, across organizational boundaries
- Software development skills in at least one software language
- Familiarity with GNU/Linux operating systems
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
- Ability to use RESTful APIs
- Ability to work with JSON, XML, YAML, and proprietary data interchange formats
- Familiarity with a DVCS (e.g. git) and working on a multi-member project utilizing such tool
- Familiarity with development dependency management tools (e.g. npm, pip, maven, etc)
- Familiarity with functional and integration testing
- Knowledge of general network principles and technology in WAN and LAN infrastructures
- Knowledge of common network automation services (e.g. NETCONF, eAPI, etc)
- Knowledge of Juniper products and Junos OS
- Knowledge of Arista products and EOS
- Knowledge of IT automation tooling (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Salt)
- Ability to pick up tasks independently
- Knowledge of networking protocols and deployments (e.g. BGP, MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, VLANs, prefix-lists, ACLs, etc)
- Knowledge of applications and services offered by ICE/NYSE
- Knowledge of trading software, order book logic, and general principles of market data consumption
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 19000395
United States, GA, Atlanta
Requisition #: 19000959
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 19001111
© Intercontinental Exchange. All rights reserved. Follow Us: 0 0