Experienced Consultant, IT Strategy and Business Process Outsourcing
311 West Monroe Street, 14th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently in search of a high-performing Experienced Consultant to join our IT Strategy and Business Process Outsourcing practice. Our team focuses on: Managing the complex technology and services transformation life-cycle from start to end including developing IT and business function transformation strategies, developing Requests for Proposals for complex technology products and services as well as business process outsourcing transactions, conducting vendor assessments, negotiating commercial contracts, and program managing the implementation of new services. Our Experienced Consultants use their experience in supporting the analysis and business case development for specific functional areas; ability to facilitate the gathering of key requirements and client needs for an overall solution; experience in leading the development of a conceptual design for an overall strategic sourcing or outsourcing solution; and expertise in assessments of client operations to develop improvement strategies and recommendations.
Experienced Consultants are primarily responsible for day-to-day project execution, client relationship management and (in some cases) additional business development. They apply exceptional consulting, sourcing, project management and functional skills in the execution of major project components or entire projects. Additionally, Experienced Consultants can be involved in business development and act as leaders to more junior members.
Experienced Consultants will work in small project teams and will typically be involved in the following activities:
• Performing detailed quantitative and financial data analysis
• Preparing and delivering presentations to senior management
• Evaluating business processes and systems to improve operational efficiency
• Researching, synthesizing, and reporting on business issues
• Facilitating and/or participating in client meetings and working sessions
• Contributing to proposals for new projects and clients
• Leading discrete portions of projects
• Owning the creation of client documents and presentations
• Supporting the management of client relationships and reporting project status
• Providing coaching, development and moderate supervision of junior staff
• Leading components of project teams to complete client work in accordance with established budget, workplans and staff resources
• Identifying and resolving issues critical to the clients' strategic and operational success
• 1-2 years of experience in providing technology and/or business process advisory consultation, which would ideally be with a professional services firm or industry leading Fortune 100 commercial firm
• Exceptional academic performance
• Experience executing projects on an end-to-end basis with minimal supervision
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Strong quantitative and diagnostic abilities, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Intellectual curiosity and willingness to accept feedback
• Flexibility to adapt to challenging work situations and varied styles
• Ability to multitask
• Desire and ability to work collaboratively and to build relationships with clients and colleagues
• Ability to travel extensively
• Graduate degree in relevant subject area (preferred)
• A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.