Business Analyst, Construction and Development IL - Chicago/en-US/ventas_careers/job/IL---Chicago/Business-Analyst--Construction-and-Development_R0000387/apply Job Description:
The Business Analyst, Construction and Development will be responsible for supporting the Companys investments in ground-up developments and redevelopments of existing properties across all platforms of the company. While we do not require any prior real estate experience, we do require candidates who are smart, humble, and excited to learn, work hard, and be an integral part of a vibrant, successful, and growing company.
- Support Construction & Development reporting, forecasting and analysis efforts
- Work with team to develop and manage tools to track the on-time/on-budget status of all projects
- Assist team in the forecasting of projects costs
- Prepare and maintain regular internal reporting files in Excel and PowerPoint
- Provide general analytic, investment modeling support or other requests as needed within the C&D department
- Promptly and efficiently responding to and processing draw requests for projects under construction.
- Receive draw request from developer and process, post and maintain files on draw requests per department policies and procedures.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of draw packages prior to approvals and funding
- Ensures the draw is supported by invoices and/or lien waivers; maintains lien waiver log
- Ensures budgets on Sworn Construction Statement contain funds as requested.
- Reviews change orders and monitors potential change order logs and affect they will have on total budget
- Understand various sources of funding
- Ensure the collection and documentation of builders risk insurance.
- Order draw inspection, if applicable
- Coordinate with Title Company to process their title search, if applicable
- Work with developer, lender, and partners until all documentation is received and reviewed for accuracy
- Coordinate internal approvals
- Upon project completion, work with developer and contractor to collect and review all close-out documentation, per contract policies and procedures
- Utilize external and internal resources, as well as problem solving skills, to resolve issues as efficiently as possible
- 0-2 years of experience with financial analysis or similar business experience; Bachelors degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or similar business field
- Strong quantitative, and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal directives
- Strong computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Confident self-starter and quick learner who requires minimal supervision, is comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable
- Ability to manage many deadlines and tasks while maintaining an attention to detail and professionalism within a fast-paced environment
- Internship or job experience in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or Commercial/Investment Banking
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ventas, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0000387
Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR), an S&P 500 company, is a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), with a highly diversified portfolio of nearly 1,300 seniors housing, medical office, and healthcare properties in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Through its Lillibridge subsidiary, Ventas provides management, leasing, marketing, facility development and advisory services to highly rated hospitals and health systems throughout the United States. In 2015, Ventas was named GRESB Global and North American Healthcare Sector Leader and was awarded their Green Star recognition for improving the energy efficiency of its portfolio. Ventass CEO was named by Harvard Business Review as one of the top 50 Best-Performing CEOs in the World the last two years running.
Ventass pursuit of excellence, focused investment strategy, balanced business model and highly-skilled team have consistently produced superior total shareholder return for more than a decade. Thats not just excellence. Thats Excellence. Sustained.