Associate US States Team
Job Description The Role:
Associate, U.S. Public Finance - States/Transportation The Location:
(flexible) Chicago, IL / Dallas, TX / Centennial, CO The Team:
The States and Transportation team maintains a strong culture of analytical excellence and customer service in a supportive and collegial environment. You will work collaboratively with a national team of analysts on a high profile portfolio of state and transportation credits. The Impact:
US Public Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the US economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to a strong talent development culture that values integrated and high-impact analysis, service excellence, diversity and empowerment. What's in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company. This position is a mid-level position, but with expectations for upward mobility.
- You will work on a complex portfolio of credits that will allow you to learn new skill sets
- The states and transportation group will provide you with both a macro and micro view of the economy, infrastructure and municipal credit. As your career progresses you will have the chance to speak with the media and at conferences or write opinion pieces on the sector.
- We prepare our most successful Associates and Associate Directors to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
- Occasional travel to issuer locations and industry conferences.
- This position is key to maintaining our market relevance and meeting our transaction requirements.
- As an Associate, you are expected to be a thoughtful contributor to credit committee discussions in your role as either primary analyst, backup, or voter. You will act as the primary analyst for high profile credits and complicated transactions and be an active, vocal voting member of the committee who can synthesize analysis into well-reasoned and well-supported rating recommendations to the rating committee and write strong, concise reports supporting our credit opinion.
- The position requires you to interact with high level government officials, investors, intermediaries, members of the media, and representatives from industry groups, among others.
- You will be responsible for remaining informed and communicate developments and trends in the sector as a whole by delivering S&P's views and opinions on important issues affecting credit quality in the municipal bond market. You will be expected to publish timely and insightful credit reports as well as thought leadership pieces that are more specific to developments for credits in your portfolio or emerging trends in the sector.
- You will also contribute to mentoring and providing analytic support to more junior analysts.
: (US ONLY)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
About Company Statement
- MBA, MPA, MPP, JD, and/or CFA preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, experience in the muni market is a plus
- Ability to think independently and critically with strong analytical curiosity, problem-solving and research skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills in front of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently, with a willingness to expand, learn, and support on team initiatives
- Proactive and organized with excellent time management skills and ability to plan, prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and markets including S&P's analytical products and services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and aptitude for learning new applications/proprietary software
: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259809 Posted On:
Chicago, Illinois, United States