About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Finance Data Specialist will play a key role in creating, maintaining and governing several of the company’s business systems and related Master data. He/she will work hand in hand with Engineering, Product Management and Operations to setup and maintain master data records.
• Support accurate and effective master data standards, analysis, audits, processes and data maintenance strategies
• Responsible for the support and implementation of business strategies and roadmap of local master data initiatives
• Drive data-based decisions and implement key changes to improve policy performance over time
• Analyze and enhance master data on various domains across the organization
• Analyze, maintain and enhance master data on various domains across the organization
• Collect and analyze data as needed to guide program direction and emphasis
• Work with business stakeholders to insure data consistency, accuracy, availability, and accessibility
• Contribution to the common vision and communication including elevating the organization's commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate business data
• Manage data and analytics projects at various levels of complexity and proactively communicate risks, issues, and status to leadership and key stakeholders.
Abilities and Qualifications Should Include:
• 5-7 years working with master data or other database type solutions preferred
• Financial reporting data domain knowledge is required (Balance sheet, Income Statement, Financial planning & Forecasting, etc…. )
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, creative, and communication skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of master data management concepts and approaches
• Able to work in a cross-functional team environment
• Possesses strong attention to detail and accuracy with excellent follow-through
• Able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines