Associate, Real Estate,Consulting
44869 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
The Real Estate and Valuation Practices at RSM LLP are full-service practices providing a deep breadth of capability, services and an innovative approach to the real estate industry. Our team combines real estate accounting, tax, financial and business advisory expertise to provide integrated solutions from the simplest assignment to the most complex. Our collaborative team approach enables an array of experts to assist in providing solutions to all real estate sectors.
Real Estate Consulting Team
We are currently looking for an Associate to join RSM’s well-established and growing Real Estate and Valuation Consulting business. As part of this exciting team, you will have the opportunity to combine your specialist technical skills and knowledge of real estate to advise clients on all aspects of real estate related valuation matters.
- Assist companies to identify and measure the value of their assets by providing independent and well-supported valuations.
- Perform local, national and international real estate market analysis on a wide range of public and private entities using all accepted and relevant valuation approaches
- Independently gather data pertinent to an engagement through direct client interaction, including personal and telephone interviews with market participants including brokers, appraisers, investors, developers and asset managers
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner; assist in proposals and executive presentations
- Understand the requirements associated with the development of value conclusions under GAAP, tax, and regulatory rules allowing companies to understand the value of an entity, asset, or liability so they can make informed business and investment decisions
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Real Estate Finance from an accredited college/university.
- Technical knowledge of real estate property as an investment class, along with knowledge of discounted cash flow models and the construction of capitalization rates.
- Exposure to the relevant real estate and valuation professional and regulatory issues.
- General knowledge of FASB fair value accounting standards (ASC 820).
- Experience with purchase price allocation (ASC 805) and impairment analysis (ASC 360).
- The ability to create strong, effective working relationships within RSM and with clients as well as work on your own initiative.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to write clear, concise reports are critical.
- Ability to travel as required.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14296 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Consulting Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
FC Val Svcs Real Estate Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14296 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Chicago, IL US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Great Lakes Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Business Consulting/Technology Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing