Associate Portflio Manager Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Associate-Portflio-Manager_R200007340/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
The Associate Portfolio Manager role is part of a team responsible for trading, managing, evaluating and monitoring several and/or large fixed income portfolios within BMO Global Asset Management. This includes conducting fundamental research, formulating fixed income strategies and developing a portfolio of fixed income with diversified risk within the relevant mandate to generate solid consistent performance. This role partners with other portfolio managers and analysts within a team to uphold the prescribed investment management process.
- Conducts fixed income trades within the portfolios.
- Understands and adheres to all compliance requirements; ensures all supporting documentation for trade decisions are maintained.
Investment Management 25%
- Part of a Team responsible for managing large or multiple portfolios of fixed income instruments
Maintains a working knowledge of the fixed income market and issuers within that universe.
Manages, evaluates and monitors investment performance.
Constructs and maintains portfolios within client/fund investment guidelines.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the fixed income market and issuers within that universe.
- Monitors domestic & international economic and political trends for potential impact on the fundamentals and performance of the portfolios.
- Manages portfolio risk by researching issuers duration, maturity structure and sector selection.
- Maintains liquidity and diversification of portfolio, and manages/monitors credit quality.
- Assemble data to structure reports on portfolio exposures, market movements and portfolio performance
- Work with PM team to develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
Client Servicing/Marketing 10%
- Effectively partners with sales/relationship management teams
- Discusses process, portfolio construction risk management and issuer selection with existing and potential clients as circumstances require.
- Provides written and oral reports to clients on performance of account, the market, and performance of individual securities.
- Supports new product and business development.
- Contributes to special projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of buy side or sell side trading or credit analysis within any fixed income sector
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, and/or economics, or related fields required.
- Currently has or is working towards a MBA and/or a CFA
- Leadership skills, highly motivated, and goal-oriented team experience
- Strong initiative and accountability; able to work independently
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including presentation skills
- Able to maintain effectiveness, accuracy and performance in a fast-paced and demanding environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- System experience within Bloomberg/AIM or other analytical packages is additive
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR200007340 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.