Associate Director, Software Developer Engineer in Test
Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency committed to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. Offering a world of knowledge and experience behind every opinion, we transform information to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans across the fixed-income universe. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence. Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings, has 51 offices worldwide.
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come, be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Ratings customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking an Associate Director to lead the planning and execution of Quality Assurance processes and tools with focus on Automation. This position will be responsible for leading the embedded QA functions for agile teams, working closely with global QA leadership. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience in developing test strategy in an agile environment, have a deep knowledge of test automation tools and best practices, and have hands-on experience implementing and executing quality practices. Key responsibilities:
• Lead Test strategy and planning and guide other team members to execute on the test strategies and plan.
• Identify tools and practices for an Agile, TDD and BDD quality process and work with management to implement them throughout the lifecycle.
• Partner with the product business sponsors to ensure quality and to provide insight into testing activities and plan.
• Lead, mentor and coach automated testers on quality engineering and automation best practices, including integration, data, UI and performance testing.
• Work with global QA leadership to determine, develop and implement improvements to quality practices.
• Help establish appropriate test environments, and processes for keeping environments updated.
• Integrate test case execution with the CI/CD pipeline in alignment with DevSecOps strategy.
• Work closely with product owners and business analysts to understand requirements, develop test scenarios/cases and ensure testability of requirements/stories.
• Work in an environment within and alongside multiple agile teams with different priorities and coordinate across them for positive outcomes.
• Be an active member of an agile team implementing the practices and tools and ensuring quality goals of the agile team.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and standards. Experience and Skills:
• 10+ years of experience with design, planning and execution of testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality with continuous testing.
• Ability to quickly establish a thorough understanding of the requirements, and key functionality. Ability to decompose business / functional requirements to build test cases.
• 5+ years of experience with Automation Testing, including but not limited to Cucumber, Selenium, UFT, Tosca, etc.
• 5+ years of experience leading quality initiatives in scrum-based agile environments.
• 5+ years of experience in integrating Automating testing with DevOps tools like Bamboo and Jenkins.
• 5+ years of experience in Visual or UI testing
• 5+ years of experience with testing APIs, services and data using automated tools.
• 5+ years of performance testing experience with tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or experience in a technology related area (Computer Science, Engineer, etc.) is required
• Independent thinker and problem solver with Quality mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred:
• Experience leading a mixed co-located & offshore team.
• Understanding of different database technologies SQL/No-SQL for testing implications.
• Understanding of ETLs/data processing technologies.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page . #LI-ME1