Associate Director, Scrum Master
Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency committed to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. Offering a world of knowledge and experience behind every opinion, we transform information to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans across the fixed-income universe. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence. Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings, has 51 offices worldwide.
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come, be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Ratings customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a Scrum Master with Technical and Business acumen who can collaborate on the next generation digital products for our ratings customers. The ideal candidate should have experience in managing multiple scrum teams and should have experience working with product owners and stakeholders to manage scope and deliverables. This position requires the ability to balance thought leadership, implementation know-how and team facilitation. Responsibilities:
• Partner with Product Owners and technology teams to realize and deliver high quality products based on business strategy and roadmaps.
• Collaborate across cross-functional teams and be an advocate for the projects you work on;
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies; Identifiy, coordinate and communicate team dependencies across organization
• Be the facilitator for project inception/discovery sessions to establish a shared vision of the desired product and create a release plan with resources and schedules for delivery.
• Delivers written and verbal updates on sprint progress, metrics and complicated features/issues in an easily understood simplified style to multiple audiences.
• Responsible for conflict resolution within scrum teams by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
• Help teams improve estimation and overall velocity.
• Coach and mentor teams on agile practices.
• Be an advocate for scrum and agile methodologies and help teams achieve their commitments and schedules. Requirements:
• 10+ years of experience managing and leading software development and digital transformation projects.
• 7+ years of experience working as a Scrum master or Agile transformation lead.
• 5+ years of experience in training and mentoring new Agile / Scrum teams and individuals.
• 5+ years of experience with Cloud native technologies and DevSecOps technologies like CI/CD, continuous testing.
• 5+ years of experience delivering projects using Agile methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
• Expert in agile project management and leveraging tools like Jira, Confluence and / or Microsoft Project as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance or Business Management.
• Understand technology project lifecycle activities and have working experience with BizSecOps and DevSecOps processes Preferred:
• Completed Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master, Product Owner, Professional or a Project Management Institute-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification.
• Exposure to BI and Data Visualization technologies.
• Exposure to AI and machine learning concepts and applications.
• Financial industry experience in banking, investing or insurance domains.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page . #LI-ME1