About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is seeking an Application Development Manager for ourt Asset Management Technology Group.
Who We Are
As the Application Development Manager for Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM), you will assist in the execution of the strategic vision of distribution technology capabilities for Northern Trust Asset Management, the 16th largest investment manager in the world, entrusted with more than $850 billion by investors around the globe. NTAM’s mission is to help investors achieve their most important goals and we do so by using our time-tested investment expertise to confidently navigate changing market environments. Cultural core values rest upon passion, competence, intellectual curiosity, diversity, and humility. You will be a key leader, working closely with the NTAM CIO and NTAM Distribution Technology team to deliver large-scale web and mobile applications that create an industry-leading integrated client experience. This position will report to the Head of NTAM Marketing Distribution Technology and be a key Leader.
This exciting leadership opportunity for senior level digital delivery professional encompasses all facets of digital delivery management, team leadership, solution management, technical project and client management. This leader will also be responsible for the execution of the project life cycle aligned to client business needs. This successful leader must have digital, technical & PMO domain expertise and excellent communication skills that allow for cultivating confidence and trust with internal business partners. The digital delivery leader will apply their technical acumen in multi-channel digital to help construct solutions which best leverage NTAM’s digital capabilities.
The Marketing Distribution Technology team is a multidisciplinary development, design and delivery group dedicated to delivering innovative, differentiated and exceptional experiences to Northern Trust’s Asset Management clients and employees. Distribution Technology is committed to growing and supporting a diverse team, with a collaborative environment that provides educational and career growth opportunities.
What You Will Do
The Application Development Manager is a strong communicator who leads with empathy, is hands-on and takes ownership of projects, encourages teams to mature our agile environment, and:
• Provides thought-leadership to staff related to solution architecture, solution capabilities, and applied Agile development.
• Contributes to an open culture that enables employees’ development through direct but kind feedback, promotes diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of curiosity and optimism
• Lead implementation teams to ensure quality, completeness and timeliness of solution delivery.
• Leads cross-functional agile teams to deliver multi-channel expansion and redesign efforts, including SEO, SEM, personalization, analytics, 3rd party data and platforms (e.g., Marketo, Salesforce, digital channels, etc.) and UX, data visualization and interactive tools
• Serve as first-line of escalation for the project delivery teams
• Effectively communicate program status and progress against objectives to clients and senior management. Synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, staff and client and risks. Escalate critical issues appropriately.
• Develops plans that consider the intersection of technology, digital, design and data and creates supporting KPIs to track against business outcomes
• Leads efforts in emerging technology discovery for marketing enablement, working with Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics teams to serve actionable data to users through Salesforce
• Oversees employee and contractor staff of 15+, making staffing decisions and offering hands-on training to staff ensuring that teams are motivated and engaged and have clearly defined goals and growth opportunities
• Brings in contemporary modern delivery methods and techniques such as dev ops, automation and human-centered design or design thinking
• Provides capital and expense budget planning adjusting priorities on a quarterly basis based on business objectives
• Ensures compliance with all audit, security and risk management requirements
• Defines and monitors metrics to improve applications’ stability and availability, as well as sustain and improve cost efficiencies and productivity gains
• Supports new technology implementations from solution discovery through implementation
• Stays abreast of latest digital marketing technology trends
Your Knowledge and Skills
As an Application Development Manager, you must have experience with at least some, but not all, of the following:
• Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy in the digital world; a big-picture vision and ability to effectively roadmap a desired outcome, and the delivery know-how to make that vision a reality.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies within Digital (including CMS, CXM), IT infrastructure and application development and proven experience in digital leadership. In this role the right mix of technical knowledge, business skills and consumer-orientation in the market is critical to the organization. Be a forward thinker.
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing digital transformation including translating business issues into customer solutions including opportunity identification, requirements development, and delivery.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of managing client facing application teams
• Experience on the application of Lean, Agile and continuous learning practices, as well as knowledge of various website application designs and programming techniques
• Cultivating strong working relationships with users, peers, business partners, and vendors alike
• Demonstrated and successful experience in overseeing digital projects, including managing vendors/agency, developing requirements and measuring results
• Experience applying strong analytical skills and helping to define, measure and analyze ROI and KPIs in order to turn them into understandable, actionable insights
• Applying a technical understanding of data integration practices
• Experience with project management skills and prioritizing multiple tasks and develop innovative solutions to meet project expectations
• Familiarity with a human-centered design or design thinking approach
• Willingness to mentor junior staff
As an Application Development Manager, it would be beneficial if you have some, but not all, of the following:
• Digital agency background delivering large-scale IT solutions across Adobe Experience Cloud (AEM, Target, Analytics, Audience Manager, and Campaign).
• Leading delivery teams in a multinational Asset or Wealth management organization
• Business knowledge of financial services applications
• Working knowledge of integrating sales and marketing tools and workflow ecosystem
We’re interested in learning more about the experiences that you would bring to Digital Experience Solutions at Northern Trust. Apply here, or check out our other open positions at northerntrustcareers.com.Additional Information