Our client, a premiere investment bank is looking for an Application Support professional to join their production support team in Chicago, IL. Environment
To provide 2nd level Application Support for the firm's GMI applications. Working within a global organization. The successful candidate will need to be energetic, hardworking and willing to take full ownership of issues that arise; ensuring issues are resolved from start to finish. You will be working on tier 1 application and must be able to think quickly and deal with pressure at all times .
- Troubleshooting/Resolving Application issues
- Following escalation processes, incident and problem management of issues at all times
- Create and keep documentation current on all applications supported.
- Understanding and working with internal partners on improving processes and making applications reliable.
- Understanding end to end management of specific projects (if applicable)
- Transfer of knowledge to the rest of the team at all times to ensure follow the sun support
- Liaising with other branches in EMEA/NA/APAC to improve teamwork
- Some out of hours support may be necessary, including weekends. (maybe short notice)
- Creating daily issue tickets and populating with all required info including resolution steps
- Creating and maintaining all incident/problem tickets
- Other duties and/or projects, as assigned
- Ability to communicate issues/ resolutions with internal partners, showing proper customer service skills (define expectations of customer service skills as professionalism, courtesy, understanding of issue, teamwork, etc.)
- Ability to work with IT partners on issues and resolutions. Pressing for improvements and resolution updates.
- Solid knowledge of AS400/GMI, custom programing is a plus
- Knowledge of clearing systems/market technology
- Troubleshooting skills
- Minimum 3 years' experience within an application support role
- Familiarity with "Follow the Sun" methodology in a global environment
- Experience of working in the financial markets
- Experience working with a high pressure environment
- Solid support experience
- Proactive and results oriented, sets high standards of performance
- Client focused, identifies and anticipates client requirements
- Staff development, promotes knowledge sharing and learning
- Detail-oriented and well organized, ability to multi tasks and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cooperative promotes collaborating within and across teams.
- Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem solving ability.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Must be passionate, determined, and have intellectual curiosity
- Must have the ability and desire to work collaboratively
- Must have a thorough understanding of what client service is and a strong commitment to ensure they provide solid client service
- Ability to work under pressure and think quick
- ITIL Certification
All Qualified candidates should email an MS Word version of their resume to shaun.sullivan@ phytontalent .com