Analyst - Vendor Management
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
Job Reference # 188565BR
Are you a multitasker? Do you have strong communication and analytical skills? We're looking for someone like this to:
– Provide guidance, monitoring, governance, risk management and controls over AM's third party relationships.
– Oversee AM's vendor portfolio serving as lead interface to key Group Sourcing teams as AM's Vendor Management champion
– Champion adherence to UBS external & Internal Vendor Management Frameworks including the Outsourcing and Due Diligence Process and AM's vendor management framework (covering critical fund-level relationships)
– Manage overall risk profile with annual tiering validation, oversight of Vendor Risk Assessment (VRA)/ODP requirement determination and advisory and active monitoring of VRM compliance dashboard
– Ensure S2C inventory and completeness (new tool to be rolled out 2018+): conduct system analysis and regular monitoring ensuring onboarding of new vendors, accuracy of contract details, consistent oversight, evidence of vendor management compliance
– Validate Role Assignments and training compliance: Responsible Officer (RO) attestation and monitoring of training completion of all relevant vendor roles – Contract Manager (CM), RO and Vendor Relationship Manager (VRM)
– Confirm Know your 3rd Party ("KY3P") inventory and completeness: manage and monitor KY3P tool ensuring onboarding of new vendors, consistent oversight, and evidence of due diligence and ongoing supervision of AM's fund-level relationships
– Coordinate key vendor negotiations ensuring compliance with all protocols and pricing maximizes the value for services
– Maintain detailed transparency and support monthly Group level reporting
– Participate in relevant Group steering committees and provide relevant COO and regulatory updates
You will be part of the Demand Management team of the COO business in our Asset Management division. The team and position will sit in Chicago. The Demand Management team is responsible for providing stewardship for the services AM receives from the Corporate Centre functions, IT and Operations. The function also focuses on the management and oversight of third party service providers such as administrators and various professional services engaged in the running of our business. This function focuses on effectiveness and efficiency of service providers aligning AM's Change investments to strategic goals. This function also serves to ensure accurate and appropriate cost allocations are assessed against AM.
– a university degree, in Finance or related field preferable
– three to five years of relevant industry experience
– worked in a similar position before serving as function lead
– an understanding of what it takes to manage risk and perform vendor oversight
– excellent communication and presentation skills
– persistence with strong attention to detail
– experience in influencing disparate groups of people, managing to aggressive timelines and making reasonable judgment calls as to prioritization of tasks
– experience in an environment where no two days are the same
– a strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– experienced in acting in a COO type capacity
– incredibly organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritize
– known for hitting deadlines and escalating at appropriate times
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.