Analyst/Senior Analyst - Chicago
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Department Description
Fitch Ratings is seeking to add a Senior Analyst (SA) or Analyst (A) in its Credit Policy Group (CPG) in New York, Chicago, or London. The mission of the CPG is to ensure the robustness, consistency and timeliness of Fitch's ratings. The group oversees the establishment and application of criteria to ensure the rigor and transparency of Fitch's ratings process. CPG also seeks to provide additional credit perspectives through timely and thought-provoking research. Job Description
The SA/A will report to CPG's Head of Research and Risk Analytics and will be responsible for leading research efforts that identify credit market risks affecting Fitch's rated industries and perform related data analysis. The ideal candidate will take leadership in identifying topics and themes, devising action plans, owning data sourcing and gathering, managing research projects and publishing workflows, speaking with analytical groups, drafting reports, and communicating key findings to a broader audience. Excellent communication and analytical skills are a must. The candidate will have an opportunity to co-author reports and serve as a vital member of a team producing high-impact, high-visibility research. Responsibilities
• Help to identify macro trends affecting the broader credit environment
• Develop approaches for conducting new research based on unique or original data analysis
• Create, analyze, and visualize financial and economic datasets
• Draft reports for internal and external consumption
• Contribute background research on new topics and emerging issues
• Scan latest financial markets, central bank, and academic research on financial system risks and relevant developments for credit conditions Qualifications
• Strong academic background in finance or economics and 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Technical expertise in Excel (modelling, pivot tables, statistical analysis, charting, etc.); other coding and data visualization experience is a plus
• Solid understanding of finance, risk, statistics, capital markets, and credit concepts
• Enthusiasm for learning about new sectors and markets
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to convey technical content and complicated ideas in a clear and understandable manner
• Time management, ability to coordinate with team members and hand off tasks as needed, good organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.