Advisor, Information Security
Advisor Information Security, Networks Berekely Heights, NJ, USA/en-US/External/job/Berekely-Heights-NJ-USA/Advisor-Information-Security--Networks_R210001115/apply
200 Connell Drive
Job Family Group:
Technology The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMOs ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
This is primarily a technical team responsible for design build and run of the primary customer facing and network perimeter security controls. The team specifically is responsible for the strategy and solutioning of new security controls and their integration / deployment into the enterprise. We base our strategic decisions based upon: Business drivers, Industry trends, Regulatory requirements, Audit finding, areas of identified improvements.
Our team tests and implements information security platform/infrastructure strategies for the Bank. We provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise and advanced technical support, and we build the plans and roadmaps for future-focused information security solutions based on technical and business strategies, organizational growth and anticipated changes in the threat landscape. Furthermore, we work with stakeholders to recommend information security solutions based on engineering requirements. In addition, we ensure that information security systems and infrastructure align with business value and are technically sound and well-integrated and we provide timely response to escalations of critical issues to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution.
In this role, you will develop, test and implement information security platform/infrastructure strategies for the Bank. In addition, you will provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise and advanced technical support. as well as build the plans and roadmaps for future-focused information security solutions based on technical and business strategies, organizational growth and anticipated changes in the threat landscape. In this exciting role, you will work with stakeholders to recommend information security solutions based on engineering requirements and ensure that information security systems and infrastructure align with business value and are technically sound and well-integrated. Also, you will provide timely response to escalations of critical issues to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution.
*This role requires that you are able to work after regular business hours and on-weekends (Saturday and or Sunday) in support of infrastructure changes that can not take place during the day and/or business hours.
*On-call work will be required. Cadence is every 4-6 weeks for 1 week. On-call retainer is paid with minimum 3-hours for call-in.
*On-site support requirements exist depending on whether you are located within driving distance of a major BMO datacenter location. You must be comfortable coming to physical business locations to perform physical work as required.
* You will carry a BMO issued cellular device that is dedicated to you (not shared). When on-call, you will be paged via phone-call, and an e-mail alert from an automated platform when required. Typical call cadence is 2-3 calls per 1 week shift.
***This role can be based in Chicago (IL) or New Jersey USA,. Alternatively, the role can also be based in our Toronto or Barrie offices in Ontario, Canada. You must currently reside in any one of the aforementioned cities.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Contributes to strategic plans, technology roadmaps, and standards and promotes adherence to them.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Leads detailed design reviews and makes recommendations for changes/enhancements.
- Takes a leadership role in projects to implement new capabilities, significant upgrades, and product retirement.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements & maintains information security platforms to meet requirements for security functionality, performance, scalability and resiliency.
- Researches and tests new cybersecurity products and innovations to support tactical and strategic decision making.
- Provides advice, counsel and support on information security platforms and services and recommends solutions.
- Develops and implements changes to streamline and integrate security processes and systems in the organization.
- Leads continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis with the goal of strengthening information security capabilities.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots complex issues with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the information security capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities and professional networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists in the computing environment and the ways which security platforms impact that environment.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Min of 5-7 years experience specifically in Network Security roles
- Min of 5 years in Network Engineering
- Min of 3-5 years in Network Support/Operations
- Strong experience with network protocols and network diagnostics and network related certifications from Cisco, ISC etc are preferred.
- Strong experience with platform related functions such as Active Directory, IAM, and Domain Name System
- Strong experience with Network Security controls specifically: Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, Web Application Firewall, Malware Sandbox, Cloud security , Controls (native and non-native) , and Proxy with experience in DLP & TLS interception.
- Strong experience with Cloud security controls: Cloud DDoS (Akamai), Cloud WAF (akamai), Anti-Automation (Akamai, Shape Security) and experience working in AWS / Azure environment.
- Typically between 4 - 7 years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Security, or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Understanding of multiple information security platforms and able to solve complex issues, with deep/advanced understanding of at least one information security platform - In-depth.
- Technical and system-level expertise in one or more information security solutions and/or extensive background in IT design and engineering.
- Knowledge of information security design and engineering concepts, practices, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the technical/business environment and the corporate processes and procedures - In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR210001115 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.