Advanced Tax Analytics & Innovation Manager
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
The Innovation practice is a national group comprised of a variety of teams that focus on implementing solutions internally and externally that will impact the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our clients' tax functions. Process improvement, transformation, system implementation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value to our clients. This is a significant part of PwC's strategy to continue to be recognized as the leading professional services firm.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
The Tax Technology Development team members act as the direct liaison with senior IT professionals within PwC and our clients by providing specialized skills in developing client specific technology solutions. The team is tasked with building propriety web applications and is responsible for the creation and enhancement of these tools.
The Tax Data Analytics function is responsible for developing new reporting and analytics solutions for the Tax practice, as well as supporting go-to market solutions in the areas of SAP, dash boarding, visualization, mobile deployment and predictive analytics.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in a business field of study
Certification(s) Required: CPA (preferred) or other professional certifications approved for the practice.
Degree Preferred: Advanced degree in Accounting, Taxation, Data Analytics or Business Intelligence
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of US GAAP literature and publications, including a proven record of success with preparing and reviewing a variety of tax returns, as well as direct engagement with tax-related consulting work.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success performing in roles leveraging, a broad tax background that includes the following: (1) preparing and/or reviewing federal and state income tax returns, (2) utilizing tax software and system including, such as: Taxware, Thomson-Reuters, Vertex, SAP or others.
- Demonstrates proven extensive understanding of identifying and addressing client needs: build solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of Firm services; approach client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of success and extensive ability for overall project management skills including successfully having managed several client tax projects.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of success and extensive ability to maintain relationships with key client contacts.
- Demonstrates proven extensive ability to prepare, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently complex written and verbal materials to and/or for higher-level audiences.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven track record of success managing business development opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff. A background in tax analytics, reporting or business intelligence is expected. Additional training for the right candidate will be provided.