Temporary position to cover for AA on medical leave. Will be responsible for assisting 8-10 bankers with daily travel, calendar management, expense reports and phone coverage in addition to backing up other support staff.
- Provide a high level of administrative support to Chicago investment banking teams (8-10 people)
- Schedule and coordinate meetings/events, maintain busy appointment calendars.
- Answer, screen, and route telephone calls; respond to inquiries from internal and external clients and liaise with senior level individuals throughout the Firm.
- Handle correspondence, including drafting replies and composing letters and memos.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations, including flights, hotels, ground transportation, etc.
- Prepare and track T&E expenses
- Read, route and prioritize mail. Create, maintain, and access files.
- Act as back up for other assistants in the office
- Use independent judgment to achieve defined results, e.g. screen and route telephone calls and manage heavy scheduling, with minimum guidance
- Handle special projects as they arise.
- 2-4+ years of administrative experience in investment banking industry preferred.
- Experience working with senior level executives in a corporate setting.
- Available to work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and available to work overtime when needed.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook essential.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to exercise independent judgement. Decisive and confident.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and clients.
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High energy level.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Flexible; adaptable; team player.