It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Due to the continued growth of our Consulting practice, we are currently recruiting for an Adminstrative Assistant to join our Chicago, IL office. As a part of Baker Tilly Consulting, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client’s most important needs. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
Provide administrative support to the client service team, including Partners and staff. This may consist of editing and formatting correspondence/engagement letters, invoicing, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, report generation, presentation editing, quality control review, and time/expense entry.
- Proactively manage, schedule and prioritize executives’ work flow, meetings, calls and other tasks.
- Maintain calendars and travel logistics.
- Assist in travel arrangements.
- Maintain list of professionals’ daily locations / contact info.
- Assist in the planning and execution of meetings, events, teleconferences, and webinars.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information on a regular basis with discretion.
- Compose correspondence; create memos, letters, charts, graphs, business plans, and presentations.
- Create and maintain various financial reports, budgets, and records, such as client financial statements, presentations, budget expenditures and statistical records of performance data.
- Assist in invoice generation.
- Perform quality control review of client deliverables.
- Attend meetings to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Assist with office functions such as filing, faxing, and scanning documents, or client database management as needed.
- Open and distribute mail as needed.
- May also include light event management, as needed.
- Work as part of the administrative support team and provide back up as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years administrative support experience supporting multiple individuals in a professional environment; previous experience within a professional services firm highly desired.
- Prior experience working in a professional services environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to be proactive and show initiative.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and proofreading skills.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service and exhibit a sense of urgency to complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) at the advanced level.
- Outlook and scheduling experience.
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends as needed.