Accounts Payable Analyst
Do you have experience managing payments of vendor expenses? Are you attentive to details and well organized? Are you experienced with spreadsheets and other software? We're looking for someone like that to join our team.
This role requires the following:
– Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and payable accounting principles
– Review incoming invoices and facilitate payments in a timely manner, obtaining the proper reviews and approvals in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
– Track, maintain and organize invoices in a filing system that allows for quick and easy access, as needed.
– Communicate with vendors regarding payment status or other inquiry related matters on a timely basis and request and maintain Form W-9's for new vendors, as needed.
– Understand how to prioritize payments and know when to escalate issues to management for assistance in resolution.
– Understand and apply the different methodologies for allocating invoice balances across multiple products such as straight-line, asset allocation, number of accounts, etc.
– Utilize various accounts payable systems to process different types of invoices based on the payee (e.g., UBS expense versus a fund expense).
– Support the Product Control team in monitoring expense payments for expense accrual purposes
– Own the accounts payable function from end-to-end and assess and suggest processes improvements where needed
You will be based in Chicago as part of the Product Control and Implementation Support team. We are part of the COO business for UBS Asset Management. The team is responsible for oversight and control of the accounting and operations of mutual funds, alternative products and other various mandates. You will have a chance to collaborate and interact with different internal/external teams involved in the business and will be responsible for managing the timely payment of vendors for our products for services such as audit, legal, transfer agency, printing and postage.
Your experience and skills
– A university degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
– Prior working experience in an accounts payable role is an advantage
– A solid understanding of general mathematical skills, including percentage allocations
– Good computer skills, including proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
– Well organized and able to efficiently multi-task in order to process several hundred invoices per month
– Attentive to details
– Highly motivated
– Pleasant demeanor with good communication skills, both verbal and written
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.