Accountant - Premium Tax
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Risks US
- 06 Mar 18 2018-03-06
This position is responsible for the completion of premium tax returns and annual and quarterly payments for 5-7 insurance companies, as well as, coordination, monitoring and preparation of state filings. Also, supports accounting activities associated with the close and consolidation of the Company's STAT and IFRS financial statements. General accounting experience is required. On-the-job training in premium tax return preparation and related activities will be offered. Future challenges include changing US state and Canadian provincial premium tax and regulatory requirements, along with business growth and expanded reporting.
- Responsible for all premium tax reporting and payments for 5-7 insurance companies, including preparation and reconciliation of the premium tax accrual, Main point of contact with the states for all regulatory fees and taxes.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation and monitoring of assigned state filings during the year, including quarterly and annual data calls and assessment payments.
- Complete or respond to any premium tax related requests for the annual audit reports (KPMG), management and state tax audits.
- Archive records to satisfy audit and statutory requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business degree preferred, but not required
- 3 to 5 years general accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and processes
- Awareness of financial analysis
- Experience with SAP/Cognos preferred.
- Knowledge of the P&C insurance industry and insurance accounting principles is a plus
To apply for this job please visit us at: