Accountant, Private Capital Administration New 📅 81608 Requisition # 📅 5 days ago Post Date
Private Capital Administration provides third-party clients with comprehensive administration, financial accounting, and investor reporting services for their funds. Fund products supported include venture capital, buyout, mezzanine, life sciences, secondaries, fund of funds. Services include assistance with investment and divestment execution, investor drawdown and distributions, financial reporting and investor reporting. The Private Capital Accountant operates under general supervision but works independently most of the time. Candidate will serve on large and/or complex projects as requested. Must be technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day queries while serving as a liaison to related areas. Have both broad and in-depth knowledge in chosen field, plus strong knowledge of related areas. Carries out relatively complex, extensive, high profile activities e.g. direct interaction with committees and more senior management. Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative and communication and judgment skills. May lead projects and/or train lower-level staff. Focus on maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures in the function while building towards becoming a stronger area expert. Knowledge/Skills: This position is technical and service oriented. Knowledge of private equity fund products and services for specified area, usually obtained through training or related work experience, is required to service clients. Communication and negotiation skills are required to ensure client satisfaction. Analytical skills are required to research and resolve problems. Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize complex assignments and demonstrate technical knowledge. Major Duties:
- Establishes & cultivates working relationship with clients, external legal and accounting firm relationships and internal partners.
- Carry out relatively complex, extensive, high profile transactions surrounding all PE Fund activity e.g. capital calls, distributions, investment purchases, divestments, carried interest calculations, expenses, income, gains, fees, etc. ensuring they are executed according to standard policies and procedures. This may also require direct interaction with committees and more senior management.
- Be technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day queries while performing review/verification/accounting/audit processes (daily and periodic) accurately.
- Search for ways to eliminate recurring problems/issues as they arise.
- Ensure all daily or periodic tasks are completed according to client specific administration & service level agreements.
- Ensure work-flows, files, and back up coverage are setup and maintained within guidelines
- Prepare, validate and/or assist in the preparation of PE accounts, PE reporting, financial statements, financial audit reporting and/or specific client reporting, including, but not limited to, accruals, monthly, quarterly, and/ or annual tax/financials packages for fund, portfolio company level and LP investor reporting as per administration & service level agreements.
- Analyze, research, and ensure appropriate reconciliations surrounding PE investment activity/data i.e. bank accounts, expenses, income, gains, withholding are completed accurately and timely. Ensure all financial reporting/information to clients/investors is reviewed, validated for accuracy prior to dissemination.
- Utilize all department systems as required to complete daily and periodic functions including, but not limited to; Investran (Accounting, Portfolio and Investor Manager, RM Contact, Report wizard, Reporting Services), Partner Passport, Treasury Passport, EXP AG (PowerImage), SharePoint, ERM, Scanner, Fundmaster, MTS Video, MR, Microsoft Excel/Access/Word.
- Coordinate, participate, and /or lead projects/ training presentations regarding area’s products and services with clients and partners in-house and/or on-site. Conduct on-the-job training with staff.
- Monitor and validate account set up, maintenance and service for accuracy and completeness. Review all bespoke, non-standard procedures for account processing.
- Provide input to management reporting on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity as well as any new client specific business development, service and sensitivity issues on a regular basis.
- Lead/participate in implementing new technology and efficiency initiatives/projects as needed.
- 2-5 years of staff accounting experience and/or private equity fund accounting/administration experience is preferred with a minimum of 2 years client servicing or related experience.
- We are looking for individuals who have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, exhibiting initiative, leadership, and flexibility.
- The ideal candidate will have a formal education in accounting and/or related business degree, may be seeking or have recently obtained their CPA accreditation, understand the complexities of the private equity markets via past experience, and have experience with Investran and MS Suite of Systems
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.