AVP, Lead Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
AVP, Lead Project Manager/Business Analyst
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Lead Project Manager / Business Analyst (PM/BA) will sit within Nuveen's Distribution Applications team - a group of cross skilled technology professionals that partners with Nuveen's Distribution Business Unit.
The PM/BA position will focus on analyzing and implementing technology solutions for sales reporting, CRM, and process automation. The PM/BA will work closely with sales and data analytics management to establish direction, analyze, design, test and implement processes and systems that support data integration, data quality and data governance. Once requirements are identified and analyzed, the PM/BA will manage project execution and delivery within the Distribution Applications team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Business Analysis and Testing
- Develop a strong understanding of business requirements: working with business users to define technical and functional requirements. Document business requirements. The scope of projects will vary between large strategic initiatives and small tactical enhancements.
- Work with other IT team members to share requirements for technical design. Answer questions on requirements and provide input on technical solutions.
- Assist business users in the documentation and execution of user acceptance tests.
- Write documentation and train users on newly implemented solutions.
- Support test efforts by developing and executing test cases or other validation approaches.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding data integrity and data governance.
- Lead efforts to remediate data quality issues.
- Work with various subject matter experts to document data flows and understand data gaps.
- Create detailed project plans by identifying detailed tasks with deliverable dates and dependencies.
- Drive and report on project progress, including, cost, schedule, issues, and project risks.
- Manage project teams comprised of technical and business resources (size depends on scope of project).
- When requested, assign and monitor tasks throughout all project phases.
- Provide level 2 and 3 application support for business units.
- Support other team members in diagnosing issues, then analyzing and proposing appropriately sized, pragmatic solutions.
- Solid technology background, including an ability to read and write SQL code, technical expertise with ETL programming, and knowledge of applications used in asset management.
- Broad knowledge of IT, including experience in SDLC and business systems analysis.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Ability to use data and a coherent problem solving methodology to make decisions and assess impacts.
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, OBIEE and Tableau is preferred.
- Post graduate work, such as project management certification, financial certification, a plus.
- Broad knowledge of asset management industry operations, distribution channels, and business control and support functions is a plus.
- Strategic thinker; processes information through a strategic and pragmatic lens.
- Effective mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to dealing with conflict.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.