AVP, Lead Application Developer
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
AVP, Lead Application Developer
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Lead Application Developer will be member of a team of technology professionals that are aligned with the Finance, Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk and Human Resources business units at Nuveen. This position will be responsible for developing and directing the delivery of software programs including requirements, design, build, test and support in various software technologies and application programs in accordance with specified business needs while achieving the development goals for assigned projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Using primarily Microsoft technologies, contribute to the ongoing development of user-facing corporate applications as well as back-end interfaces to proprietary and vended applications.
- Contribute to all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirements, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Deployment and Support.
- Leverage in depth knowledge of multiple technologies to design, build and/or direct technical solutions in accordance with business needs
- Author and maintain detailed technical design and specification documentation.
- Review deliverables of other technical team members including designs, code, and support documentation.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business users, and develop a deep understanding of their business and technical requirements.
- Work directly with business partners and IT project managers, business analysts, senior developers, architects, information security and application vendors to implement new and support existing corporate applications.
- Provide work effort estimates and logical work plan to deliver applications that meet specifications.
- Create, maintain and execute detailed test cases and plans for all developed work product.
- Perform defect analysis, documentation, resolution and testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve business-technology issues that impact production processes and systems availability
- Lead projects of low to medium complexity
- Inform manager and user community of progress, issues and concerns
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have 10+ years of demonstrable experience designing and developing robust enterprise solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft technologies including .NET, SSRS, SSIS.
- Strong experience developing using C# and ASP.NET
- Web applications development (.Net, MVC, or Entity Framework preferred)
- Experienced in ETL development and UI Development
- Experience with MS SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Table design.
- Experience coaching and/or managing other technical resources
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Finance, Compliance or Risk Applications a plus
- Experience with data privacy concepts
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Python/PowerShell/Perl a plus
- SharePoint development experience a plus
- Experience with batch management tools such as Autosys or TWS
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Content Management and Collaboration technologies (SharePoint / K2)
- Experience with Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Jira a plus
- Master's degree / Microsoft certification an added plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Open to learning new disciplines and new skill sets
- Familiarity with financial industry concepts and terminology.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.