2020 Private Banking Training Program In , | Careers At Cibc
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? 2020 Private Banking Training Program Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 2 days ago(9/17/2019 3:09 PM) ID 2019-5308 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
This individual will play a key role in the preparation of credit requests and provide support to the relationship managers. Essential duties include:
- Underwrite credit transactions for the line of business
- Assist with other risk management and product initiatives
- Analyze financial information statements
- Analyze and identify risks associated with various consumer and commercial loans
- Preparation of credit requests
The Private Banking Training Program, based in Chicago, Illinois, is a key component to the development of our team of private banking relationship managers. Growing and developing top talent is one of our corporate values. It is the launching pad for a career in providing high-quality private banking and private wealth services to high and ultra-high net worth individuals.
- 3 – 6 month training program of classroom learning and practical application
- Taught by professionals at CIBC as well as select industry and topic experts
- Classroom phase: accounting, finance, credit analysis business writing, financial modeling, relevant computer skills
- Practical experience: working on credit requests across the bank such as general commercial, commercial real estate, health care, construction and engineering, security alarm, for-profit education and private banking.
- The program is designed to provide you with the skills you will need throughout your professional career, including sales, learning how to build your professional brand, and negotiation training. At the same time, you will gain real-world experience working alongside seasoned private bankers. You will gain in-depth knowledge in the areas of financing, cash management, foreign exchange and derivatives.
- Upon completion of the training program, individuals are anticipated to become part of the Private Banking underwriting team supporting the entire Private Banking line of business across the US footprint.
- College degree required, preferably with minimum of two classes of accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work individually and within teams
- Critical thinking, writing, and analytical skills combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Work ethic, commitment to clients, employees and the communities we serve
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word required. Analytical skills and spreadsheet experience with a spreading software program like Moody’s is a plus.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS