Retail Credit Manager Bloomingdale, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Bloomingdale-IL-USA/Retail-Credit-Manager_R210002881/apply
191 E Lake Street
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Understands customer needs and provides credit and lending-related sales and service to BMO customers or prospects. Advises customers on lending/credit card strategies and products that meet their objectives. Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups.
U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Creates innovative business development strategies, including collaborating with other BMO partners to grow the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Contributes to the development and execution of business plans.
- Identifies skilled knowledge gaps and performance improvement opportunities for the team.
- Continually assesses and improves the level of performance through coaching.
- Implements, reviews, and revises work plans.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with internal stakeholders and colleagues to leverage sales, fulfillment, and referral opportunities to improve share of wallet, acquire new customers, and provide full financial services to customers.
- Completes report audits and spot checks as required.
- Oversees team performance.
- Monitors team results and solves problems on a daily basis.
- Develops and executes short term tactics/plans to drive specific behaviours, activities, and results.
- Executes a 6-12 month sales and service plan that drives revenue, sales, and productivity.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new team members.
- Probes to understand customer needs and provides advice related to personal banking and credit card strategies in the best interests of the customer.
- Manages all transactional outcomes of customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Escalates complex or unresolved customer situations to managers as required.
- Performs any required documentation to ensure customers requests are accurately processed.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations in a professional manner.
- May research and investigate credit card applications, following established processes.
- Handles incoming calls in an informed, professional, and efficient manner.
- Stays abreast of consumer needs, industry trends, best practices, and the regulatory environment as it relates to the products and services provided.
- Integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations, where appropriate.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions.
- Makes credit decisions / recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures.
- Uses authorized credit qualifications as needed to fulfill customer requests.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of credit card products - In-depth.
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings - In-depth.
- Knowledge of contact centre operational processes and policies - In-depth.
- Knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics - In-depth.
- Term Investment Qualified (as required).
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted YesterdayPart timeR210002881 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.