Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager
- Des Moines, IA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- DHI Groups, Inc.
- 16 Oct 18
Lead the development and implementation of financial planning, reporting and analysis structure and process for the consolidated business. Provide financial management services to the business and its leadership team to support better decision making, including budgeting, cash flows forecasting, financial modeling, variance analysis, valuation support for both new and existing products and other ad-hoc requests. Deliver a comprehensive understanding and analysis of your assigned brands and services to business and finance leaders. Support DHI Group, Inc. strategic, financial and operational goals through your responsibilities and by working closely with the FP&A and broader Finance teams.
Lead the FP&A activities for the consolidated business, accountable for delivery of:
• Budgeting and forecasting:
- Annual budget, monthly current estimate, and long-range plan estimate
- Weekly billings and revenue flash; regular review and reporting on sales, billings, and revenue
- Document variances in assumptions; document and assess trends as input for forecasts
- Financial modeling supporting the company’s budget, operating and planning processes
- Significant knowledge of planning system to allow both Finance and business colleagues to use efficiently
• Business and financial analysis
- Track, analyze and report on key financial and operational drivers to measure performance against strategic and operational goals
- Analyze and interpret financial data/performance to help identify ways to improve performance and be able to present those findings to the senior leaders
- Develop financial models to support new and existing business initiatives, product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects
• Financial management
- Review month end close for operating results of the businesses, analyzing results to current estimate, budget and historical results. Provide relevant documentation of variances through monthly business review process.
- Identify and communicate potential risks to his/her managers and primary internal clients for further analysis, observation and/or remediation.
Promote effective working relationships:
- Manage and cultivate relationships with senior leadership
- Ensure coordination with all levels of management to prepare financial plans, operating forecasts and financial management reporting structures
- Present analyses cogently, in a structured and communicative format, to executives and internal clients who may or may not have finance backgrounds
- Accountable to support and partner with the consolidated business teams and DHI finance teams
- Collaborate with business and finance colleagues to improve workflow, systems, analytics, processes, policies, and metrics
- Maintain effective working relationships with appropriate colleagues through DHI to advance corporate and business goals
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours a week during month-end, at times during budget and for periodic projects
- Some travel will be required, expected to be +/- 10%.
• This position will not supervise others.
• Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Highly skilled in business and financial modeling; strong technical skills including Microsoft Office suite; exceptional knowledge of Excel
- Experience/facility with enterprise financial systems; Oracle Planning experience preferred
- Demonstrably able and eager to analyze complex matters, balancing detail, context and essence, and to foresee the next question
- Strong track record of adding value to critical business decisions through the use of sophisticated financial modeling and analysis
- Demonstrably able to lead, motivate and influence business partners and peers
- Independent thinker with proven ability to think through problems and present solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, team and communications skills
- Flexible, able to work in fluid and leanly-staffed environment with multiple on-going projects and tight deadlines, and able to work long hours when needed
- Decisive and thoughtful: able to set priorities and manage expectations
- Sense of urgency, accountability, initiative and desire to win
• Required Education and/or Experience
- 4 year college degree with major or minor in finance, accounting, business, engineering, economics, mathematics or other quantitative subject; MBA, MS and/or CFA certification preferred
- 6-10 years of progressive finance experience including financial modeling and financial planning & analysis, business unit budgeting, and management reporting, with dynamic companies of size
- Previous experience implementing and using enterprise-wide planning tool preferred
- Experience with relevant DHI brands or the industries in which they operate is preferred
- Proven experience working with senior executives
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Requires the use of office equipment, including desktop or laptop computer with docking station, monitor, keyboard and mouse, fax, copier, and telephone.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Office environment; some travel may be required. Travel requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld device.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job as of the date this job description was prepared. Management reserves the right to modify this job in order to meet business needs.