Capital Markets Analytics Manager
- Des Moines, IA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
- 10 Jan 18 2018-01-10
If you have strong portfolio management, risk management and financial modeling experience analyzing and valuing fixed income instruments, apply for the Bank's Capital Markets Analytics Manager opening. This role will manage the Bank’s balance sheet, and analytics used to measure, monitor and report market value and income risk. Using this information in conjunction with current market information, the incumbent will be a catalyst for developing analysis used to recommend investment, funding, and hedging strategies and products that enhance the profitability and stability of the Bank.
Strategy and Communication:
- Identify innovative portfolio strategies and tactics including investment, funding, and hedging decisions.
- Represent Capital Markets Group through timely and accurate communication of high level portfolio strategies and financial performance goals to team and other departments.
- Participate in determination of mortgage loan pricing and reporting process.
- Develop new analyses that illustrate key considerations and impact of strategic business decisions.
- Provide clear and concise reporting of potential strategies while analyzing for adherence to the Bank’s policy limits.
- Provide analysis on how the Bank's utility model utilizes capital and create analysis to guide management in determining the appropriate levels of capital.
- Review and deliver timely and accurate committee reporting used for discussion and decision making.
- Manage the review and reporting processes that support pre-trade analysis to ensure timely and accurate delivery of results.
- Forecast financial performance using third party models such as QRM or Polypaths under a variety of scenarios.
- Enhance accuracy through reconciliation and expanded analytics.
- Complete special projection and analysis projects timely and accurately as market opportunities or conditions change.
- Assess assumptions used to project mortgage principal prepayment behavior and determine appropriate settings to achieve desired outcomes.
- Manage departmental internal controls and regulatory issues, including EUC and SOX related (End User Computing) applications to be compliant with Bank policy.
- Manage and develop high performing team members through communication, feedback, coaching, and completion of mid-year and year end performance evaluation.
- Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field, or CFA designation.
- Minimum 7 years experience in portfolio management, risk management/financial modeling.
- Proficiency in analyzing and valuation of fixed income instruments, interest rate derivatives, and mortgages.
- 3-5 years of relevant management experience.
- In depth understanding of the risks involved in managing the risk embedded in mortgage loans and mortgage backed securities, including expertise in understanding mortgage prepayments.
- Experience in using term structure models, such as QRM or Poly Paths, Principia Analytic System, or Bloomberg are preferred.
- Familiarity with financial accounting principles, especially those related to FAS 133 related hedging accounting.
- Ability to communicate high level strategies and financial performance goals in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical and computer skills in Access and Excel, with Visual Basic programming skills preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervisory guidance.