Property & Casualty Underwriter
- Smyrna, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ryan Specialty Group
- 17 Sep 18
The ideal candidate will have prior commercial lines experience working with multiple binding authority carriers and be proficient in the use of online raters.  Prior experience with the Lloyd’s of London market a plus. The candidate must have outstanding verbal and written communicate skills, as well as the ability to work with others in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.  Attention to detail, a strong sense of integrity and discretion, and a professional demeanor are all mandatory.
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
RT Specialty, a division of Ryan Specialty Group, is seeking a Property & Casualty Underwriter to join our Atlanta, GA team. We are a fast paced, energetic, and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their insurance career.
The ideal candidate will have prior commercial lines experience working with multiple binding authority carriers and be proficient in the use of online raters. Prior experience with the Lloyd’s of London market a plus. The candidate must have outstanding verbal and written communicate skills, as well as the ability to work with others in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Attention to detail, a strong sense of integrity and discretion, and a professional demeanor are all mandatory.
- Underwriting and generating new and renewal property and casualty business by analyzing documentation and having the ability to obtain the necessary information to make underwriting decisions to accept, decline, or modify risks within assigned underwriting authority levels driving insurance proposals, policies and endorsements.
- Examines, identifies and evaluates exposures and ensuring underwriting decisions are in compliance with state, national, and country laws as well as carrier and RT guidelines.
- Processes underwriting decisions and document files via automated desktop systems and tools.
- Collaborates with others to manage all production activities (submissions, quotes, declines, binds, issuance, etc.) to provide accurate, timely, and quality service to RT’s clients.
- Responsible for maintaining existing broker relationships and establishing new relationships utilizing underwriting skills and market knowledge.
- Bachelors' Degree in related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work and industry experience including but not limited to E&S Binding Authorities and Lloyd’s of London.
- Professional designation such as CIC, CPCU preferred.
- Established agency contacts in Southeast region.
- Strong analytical, data management and decision making skills.
- Organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and industry research tools.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer