Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Senior Financial Reporting Manager will support the Assistant Director of Financial Reporting by overseeing the application of accounting policy, collation of accurate consolidated financial information for Invesco's internal and external publications, and lead developments in reporting systems, automation, and process improvement.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Coordinate all consolidated financial reporting activities and deliverables for Invesco Ltd.
- Supervise and develop a team of senior analysts and partner in leading Shared Services Center team
- Coordinate and review work products of Shared Services Center team
- Responsible for design and functionality of corporate consolidations system (HFM).
- Ensure U.S. GAAP accounting policies are being correctly and consistently applied across the group through review of monthly results and balance sheets.
- Serve as subject matter expert in consolidation and foreign currency translation; provide guidance to international accounting groups
- Oversee the completion of earnings releases, SEC 10-K and 10-Q reports.
- Allocate notes and statement preparation between team members and oversee drafting of MD&A for these reports.
- Review work of team members including evidencing compliance with appropriate review controls.
- Oversee XBRL filing compliance.
- Oversee the reporting of business acquisitions, dispositions, and other corporate transactions.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual impairment reviews of goodwill and other intangibles.
- Oversee the preparation and circulation of the internal monthly results reports.
- Oversee financial reporting SOX controls
- Oversee the monthly accounting for several group owned elements, including public debt and inter-group financing arrangements and consolidation.
- Keep abreast of current trends, accounting procedures, and financial reporting rules by networking with peers, attending industry meetings/seminars, and reading professional journals.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- A minimum of 8+ years of accounting experience at a public accounting firm or public reporting company is required.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting and financial principles and ability to apply these principles to corporate accounting.
- Must have a thorough understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting rules.
- Must have knowledge of SOX requirements.
- 8+ years SEC reporting/US GAAP accounting policy work experience required
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to self-motivate and establish personal deadlines
- Ability to process technical accounting concepts and determine their applicability to Invesco Ltd. and its business units
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage a variety of audiences, internally and externally.
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior management and other key constituents.
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex problems; deal with and manage change in a fluid environment; prioritize multiple competing projects and initiatives and focus resources in line with such priorities.
- Displays a high degree of interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy with all constituencies; strong collaboration skills with peers and colleagues.
- Inspires and motivates others through sharing a compelling vision for change, leading people through the implications of change, and rallying others to be change agents.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to effectively manage and influence behaviors both within the team and organization-wide
- Strong grasp of technology and systems. Ability to lead organization in adopting new technology and ensure properly utilized.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting required
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Able and willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment. IVZOFI