- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18
Vice President, Public Finance Business Development
Location: Atlanta, GA, USAThe Vice President, Business Development will be responsible for strengthening Moody's Investors Service's integral role in the U.S. Public Finance marketplace. The VP will develop strong business relationships with municipal financial advisors, municipal investment bankers, and senior financial leaders of large municipal entities - including state and local governments, not-for-profit healthcare organizations, universities, and housing development authorities. The VP's success will ultimately be measured by the increased revenue generated from their business development activity
- Develop and implement a comprehensive outreach program to key Public Finance intermediary institutions and major municipal issuers within the U.S. Southeast region.
- Conduct in person meetings with Public Finance market participants to update them on Moody's Investors Service value proposition.
- Identify and attend Public Finance focused conferences and events in the U.S. Southeast region to develop key market contact relationships.
- Gather market intelligence and report back to Moody's senior management.
- Ensure that relevant customer information is maintained in Salesforce.com in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish strong working relationships with Moody's Account Management and Analytical teams to provide strong customer service.
- Develop expert knowledge of Moody's product suite and be able to explain relevant product to U.S. Public Finance intermediaries and issuers.
- Expected to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Speak and communicate effectively to Moody's senior management, intermediaries, issuers, and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with Public Finance issuers and intermediaries independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge of U.S. Public Finance debt markets and the ratings process.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives.
The Global Commercial Group's various responsibilities include; establishing and maintaining business and pricing relationships with Moody's rated entities and issuers of debt securities, rating product development, creation of value and strategic marketing collateral and corporate development for the business. The department provides these service for banking institutions, corporations, municipal governments, public institutions, structured finance products and funds
- M inimum of 8 years of sales or business development success at an investment bank, bank, municipal finance advisory firm, international rating organization, or other institutional financial services provider.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree, particularly MBA or MPA, is preferred.
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets. .
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.