Vice President, Client Service Management, Financial Institutions Group (FIG)
- Not Specified
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Institutional Client Businesses Group serves institutional clients in more than 60 countries, including corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; insurance companies; third-party mutual funds; endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; banks; and individuals worldwide. We have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management. Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients’ investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, Institutional Client Businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally.
The Vice President, CSM, FIG role is a key hire for our new iHub innovation hub, focusing on client experience for insurance clients and other financial institutions. Insurance represents a heavily constrained and highly complex client base driven by regulatory requirements. In this role you would supervise a team of client service representatives and streamline the communication between client and various internal teams. You will act as an intermediary between the client and the business throughout any client lifecycle to ensure that the client has a full understanding of the end to end process and their needs are fully understood and addressed internally. The impact of this position is seen through revenue delivery and retention of clients.
- Will have responsibility for large and complex accounts, in addition to supervising and mentoring junior level CSM team members
- Embed within the overall client team to understand the clients’ needs holistically and anticipate the operational risks and requirements
- Develops proactive operational service plan for clients, aligned to strategy and client needs and for executing on that.
- Manage day-to-day workflow of client service staff and/or is the service point of contact for specific key/complex client relationships
- Responsible for ensuring self and reports build strong, trusted and direct relationships with clients, encouraging the client to direct all servicing queries to their named CSM contact
- Engages Relationship Manager upon identification of a sales opportunity should such opportunity arise through conversation
- Provides operational support to the sales process where appropriate (e.g operational input into RFPs, pitch participation, operational content in new business due diligence process etc)
- Acts as connector between client, Relationship Manager and broader organization to ensure delivery of client change activities (including new mandates).
- Work with Onboarding Implementation manager to ensure that client intent is fully understood.
- Works with portfolio managers, client relationship managers, product specialists and / or sales staff to service existing institutional accounts.
- Own operational due diligence process (ODD) to lead ODD meetings and operational questionnaires
- Helps identify, analyze and support relevant stakeholders in the development of solutions to any known operational complexities;
- Point of escalation for Relationship Manager and Client; Handle escalation processes when necessary (e.g. Complexity Review)
- Maintains and updates Aladdin APR process
- 6+ years of experience in client service, operations, sales support a must.
- Experience covering insurance clients
- BA/BS equivalent
- Strong understanding of operational and bank custodian processes
- Working knowledge of fixed income markets and strategies a plus
- Demonstrated project management capabilities and capacity for appropriately escalating delays and operational risks
- Utilizes enterprise-wide systems for managing work processes; good command of tools & technology necessary to perform job responsibilities
- Consultative while user-friendly, operate with discretion, exercise sound judgment and humility
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.