Vice President, Americas Alternatives Compliance
Description About this role
As a member of the Americas Compliance team, this individual would assist in supporting the Americas Alternatives investment and client business teams, including BlackRock's Private Equity, Real Assets, Alternative Solutions, and Hedge Fund of Funds businesses. Depending on prior experience and expertise, the successful candidate would focus on Investments Advisory Compliance, Marketing & Distribution Compliance, or both. Key Responsibilities:
- Support multiple alternatives investment and/or client business teams for regulatory compliance questions, including those related to conflicts of interest, investment allocation, and the handling of MNPI, and/or the review of marketing materials for Alternatives products and other strategies
- Partner with colleagues within Legal & Compliance on the launch and development of new Alternatives products, strategies, and services
- Analysis and implementation of existing and new regulations
- Preparation and review of policies, procedures and processes
- Implementation of compliance programs/controls frameworks relevant to regulatory risks and requirements around alternatives investing
- Execution of periodic testing and oversight of investment and/or client business teams' activities
- Delivery of targeted training on the marketing, distributing and/or investing of Alternatives funds and strategies
- Support and back-up for broader Americas Compliance related initiatives and tasks
- 7+ years of asset management compliance, consulting, or regulatory experience, preferably buy-side experience
- Strong knowledge of products and strategies distributed to institutional clients with an emphasis on Alternatives strategies including one or more of the following asset classes: single strategy hedge funds, hedge funds of funds, private equity, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure equity and debt
- Knowledge of the US federal securities laws; knowledge of other US and non-US regulatory requirements (e.g., FCA, CFTC, OCC) a plus
- Experience in application of FINRA and SEC advertising rules
- Experience with the handling of conflicts of interest and MNPI
- Strong written/oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Effective project management and strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads, multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required; master's or law degree a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.