VPA Operations Manager
Job Description : Job Description
Responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of a segment of banking operations by providing leadership to include: consistent unit production goal attainment; quality and service level standard development and attainment; identification and implementation of change initiatives; problem resolution; constant client focus. Ensures the operations managed are adequately staffed, trained and developed, exercises authority concerning performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, development plans and terminations. Keeps informed of new developments/technology, protects company liability by ensuring compliance, and reviews/analyzes new methods and procedures to insure department efficiency. Prepares and manages budgets and participates in or directs long-range planning for the areas of responsibility. Fosters relationship building by using excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and exhibiting the flexibility/adaptability to work in a matrix management environment. Manages a department/function with low to moderate complexity, focused scope, and moderate level of risk. Due to transaction size and client impact the elements of risk and loss exposure for the bank can increase quickly. Evaluates, prioritizes, researches and follow ups to ensure accurate disposition /resolution of all work managed on a daily basis. Significant interactions with other areas to resolve problems, identify issues, train teammates, and improve processes and quality of department deliverables. Qualifications Basic Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience in a related field of banking operations, commercial or retail banking.
- 1 year managerial / supervisory or project leadership experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage by prioritizing, delegating, following up and expediting all issues daily.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communications and analytical skills, Proficient PC skills.
- Working knowledge of financial industry applicable laws such as Patriot Act, AML and BSA.
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
- College or Associate Degree with a focus in business or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years management experience bank operations.
- Functional understanding of banking and core deposit products, banking systems, and applicable technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf