Technology Communications Leader VP - ATL
Description About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead communications for technology and information security initiatives that are shaping the BlackRock employee experience. This role sits within the Technology & Operations COO team, a function central to running one of the largest businesses at BlackRock. The ideal candidate is a results-driven and detail-oriented communications leader who is passionate about technology and finding effective and creative ways to support employees through enterprise change initiatives.
You will be joining a team that leads internal communications and employee engagement efforts, and supports strategic business and talent initiatives for the global Technology & Operations organization. We work hard, enjoy each other's company and are passionate about performance. We like our mash-up of a finTech start-up and market-leading financial services company...and we believe that you might like it, too!
Interested in learning more? Contact our recruiting team and let's get to know each other!
Location: We are looking to staff this role in New York or Atlanta. Our teams are currently working remote through September 2021. We expect our future to be a hybrid office/work from home mix. What you will be doing
What we are looking for:
- Develop strong knowledge of technology products and their use at BlackRock
- Translate complex technical topics into clear communications that employees can easily understand
- Partner with our technology team to review training material related to new and existing products
- Diligent in your written and verbal communication, producing a consistently high standard of communication materials
- Cultivate excellent professional relationships with technology colleagues across the world to keep a pulse on planned changes to the employee experience
- Represent technology communications in planning meetings, serving as the voice of the employee
- Use engagement data to inform and shape your approach
- Manage the digital employee experience, maintaining internal communication platforms and content strategy for employee resource hubs
- Partner with Corporate Communications to support the evolution of the firmwide employee digital experience at BlackRock
- ~4-6 years communications experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and messaging skills with an ability to present and adapt communication style as needed
- Great organization skills, high attention to details and ability to run multiple projects at once
- An understanding of current events related to technology
- A global approach to work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes
- A student of technology - proficient in MS 365 applications
- Understanding of or ability to learn internal communications software e.g., Poppulo
- Proven record of designing and executing against communication plans
- Experience with measuring the effectiveness of communication campaigns
- Some experience with data visualization tools e.g., Tableau/Power BI
- A great teammate, relationship builder and strong collaborator
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.