Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global metals producer looking to hire a Technical Specialist to join the team in Atlanta, Georgia.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- To provide pre and after-sale technical advice to international VAP customers with a major focus on the Americas (products include foundry alloys, billets, slabs, wire rod, extrusion)
- Regular customer visits and communications to ensure the best service and customer support is given, enhancing product development and control to meet customer satisfaction
- Participate in quality improvement and technical actions, using metallurgical and technical knowledge to optimise downstream processes and handle quality issues and claims
- Use technical expertise of aluminum to support sales and marketing, as well show commercial skills when attending marketing events/conferences etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for the US branch on all things related to metallurgical and customer support aspects
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical support role with specific expertise on relevant aluminum products (foundry alloys, billets, rod, slab, extrusions etc.)
- Strong track record of enhancing aluminum product development efforts and reducing customer complaints through excellent technical support
- Extensive background in aluminium casting, manufacturing, engineering, with deep knowledge of smelter processing
- Ability to travel and visit customers globally
- Located in US