Senior UX Researcher II
Job Description : Job Description We're creating a bold new future at SunTrust. Join us.
SunTrust is on the verge of a big move-a move that aims to alter the course of banking as we know it. And to do that we need talent. Lots of it. Our team of designers and researchers is growing rapidly, and we are looking for the best people to join our cause. If you're passionate about your craft, driven to create change, and interested in joining a team doing transformative work, let's talk.
At SunTrust, we believe great digital experiences start with a deep understanding of our clients. We're looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher who can help us discover insights that shape the next evolution of banking and financial services. As a Sr UX Researcher, you are an advanced practitioner able to independently design sophisticated programs of research that tackle our thorniest design challenges. You will design, conduct, analyze, and present impactful research that shapes and improves product development.
This role is part of the UX Research group within the Commercial Design and Service Design team. This team is tasked with developing the most effective and client-centered digital banking products for our Business and Commercial clients. These clients have complex, sophisticated banking needs so we are seeking researchers who can delve into their worlds with curiosity, empathy, and utmost professionalism.
What you will do.
- Plan and lead research for various Commercial and Business banking projects ranging from exploratory research to design validation.
- Collaborate effectively with UX and UI designers within the Design team to deliver formative and summative research in cadence with the team's design process.
- Work on cross-functional product teams, partnering closely with designers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Recruit, and schedule appropriate research participants.
- Generate advanced insights that influence product strategy, feature design and prioritization.
- Inspire stakeholders with creative and compelling presentation of your findings and insights.
- Serve as a mentor to more junior researchers on method, quality, and presentation of work.
- Possible occasional travel ( < 10%).
What you bring.
- Proven record of delivering compelling and well-designed studies that have produced actionable insights.
- Expert command over a wide range of study methods, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Substantial experience and comfort in building rapport with research participants.
- Expert skills in effectively eliciting insights, observations, and commentary from participants without leading or injecting bias.
- Facility with study design principles
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Sociology, HCI, Human Factors, User Experience or other related research field in the social sciences.
- 5+ years experience in applied product/design research.
What will you make you stand out.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Psychology, Sociology, UX, HCI, Human Factors, or related research field. Master's degree or higher is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Facility with one or more remote usability testing platforms such as UserZoom, UserTesting.com or others.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience with rigorous ethnographic methods.
- Cognitive psychology background, particularly in behavioral economics.
This role is based in Atlanta, GA. If you're ready to jump into what could be the most exciting financial venture in decades, ready to disrupt the old models and have your say in ushering in a new era, then we'd love to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf