Senior Cloud Network Engineer - Tech & Ops
Description About this role
BlackRock's Technology Cloud Services team is responsible for building and growing a multi-cloud strategy. We are looking for a Cloud Network Engineer, focused on network security & design to join our team. We are a newly formed interdisciplinary team focusing on leveraging cloud capabilities within BlackRock's powerful asset management platform in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner. We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to tackle large scale challenges.
We have a team that work globally and excited to get someone with deep technical expertise in Cloud Networking to help move us forward! We want to see how our successful candidate will fit into our Agile team and for them to impress our internal development teams with their guru level knowledge!
You are looking at a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. You are a strong candidate when it comes to your ability to work in an international team. You will have experience in building cloud infrastructure while keeping security, cost, performance and complexity at top of mind.
As a Cloud Network Engineer, focused on network security you will:
What you'll need:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary squad to build out our cloud platform connectivity stacks
- Participate in agile ceremonies to help deliver our commitments within our team
- Utilize deep technical knowledge to drive the delivery of scalable & secure network resources
- Participate with design and feedback workshops to improve our services and quality of work
- Assist in solving issues with the cloud services & platform related to network connectivity, partnering with our wider networking teams
- Build cloud network connectivity architectures & systems. Participate in design reviews and deliver on those designs.
- Take well known on-premise ways of working and translate them into a cloud native approach for modern technologies
Who you are:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience provisioning, deploying and supporting cloud native applications in Azure with Terraform, ARM templates or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years' experience designing & implementing cloud connectivity; VPC/Network peering, Cloud-to-Cloud, On-prem-to-cloud
- To demonstrate experience using the following services from a cloud provider; VNets, Resource Groups, Functions, AzureVM, NSGs, Express Route, RBAC
- To have been using Terraform, blueprints or CloudFormation to deliver complex infrastructure across Azure (Preferred) or AWS. Some GCP knowledge is useful.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience securing sophisticated network architectures across on-prem and cloud.
- To demonstrate your experience with understanding sophisticated requirements and how they distill into designs.
- Experience in helping a multi-disciplinary team achieve their goals using GitOps processes.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when vital, and you persevere where others do not
- Passionate about crafting and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or GitHub following GitOps principles
- Excited to bring order to cloud automation standards
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.