ProdOps Cloud Migrations Support Engineer
Description About this role BlackRock Overview
BlackRock is looking for innovative engineers who love solving complex problems. As a firm, we recognize strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With the assets of BlackRock's clients and over 200 technology customers on Aladdin we bear a major responsibility, both as a platform provider and as a fiduciary. Our powerful technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing. Team Overview:
The Production Operations Group is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environments for all BlackRock businesses (including subsidiaries and BlackRock Solutions clients) acting as a first responder relative to trouble-shooting, problem resolution, and escalation.
Collaborating with skilled professionals across the globe and managing a broad range of technologies and applications, the Production Operations Group delivers service quality and excellence through teamwork, innovating operational processes, and being part of the One BlackRock culture. Job Purpose:
The roles responsibility is to cover business-critical batch workloads, real-time / interactive processing, data transfer services, application and new technology on-boarding and upgrades, and recovery procedures. The international team is split into 4 global regions to provide 24*7*365 support. Additional responsibilities may include developing more cost effective and predictable methods for supporting a growing technology infrastructure and working with internal Development Groups to manage application changes as they are released to production environments. Onboarding new technologies, assisting in proof of concept build outs and disaster recovery testing and planning. Role Responsibilities:
Problem Determination/Resolution: Supporting and troubleshooting both batch processing and interactive user applications to ensure the high availability of the Aladdin Environment
- Flexibility: Is able to handle multiple issues from multiple users and prioritize in terms of criticality, which to focus and resolve first. Also, being able to escalate to during critical outage scenarios, whether planned (Disaster Recovery Tests) or unplanned.
- Communications: Engage in clear and concise communications both verbally and in writing. Effectively interacts on command bridges and calls to ensure all global team members are constantly informed.
- Shift Work: Is willing to work a 10am - 6pm schedule during DST and 11am-7pm during the summer. Weekend work may be required on a long term rotational basis.
Nice to have skills:
- A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering. Exposure to (or strong interest in)
- Solid understanding of Linux administration fundamentals; must be familiar with typical administrative commands
- Prior system administration experience highly desirable.
- Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python or Perl or shell scripting experience.
- Candidates must have a strong interest and aptitude for quickly learning new technologies and proprietary systems.
- Strong technical writing skills or previous documentation experience and familiarity with Confluence.
- Prior experience with any of these technologies: Apache Cassandra, Hadoop, AutoSys, Apache Spark, Apache Mesos, Microsoft Azure.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.