Assistant Research Manager
Pension Benefit Calculation
- Pension benefit calculation experience
- Strong critical thinking
- Good communication
- Problem solver
- Independent worker
- The ability to travel for on-site for meetings; all travel, extended-stay hotels, car rentals and per diem expenses are covered
- The ability to work remotely
- A great set of core values demonstrating integrity, commitment, teamwork and professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An annuitant calls the call center and asks for a calculation. The call center enters into a benefits workbench system which comes to the Benefits Calculations team, they assign an analyst and a reviewer in the queue. Managers are manually assigning the requests based on the complexity. During the training, they will cover how they defines how to calculate the age based on the wording of the contact. Most contracts calculate first of the month following when the person turns 65. Contracts that are issued after mid 1990’s, there is not typically a charge for Pre-Retirement Spousal Death Benefits. From 1970s – 1990s there is usually a charge.
Jacobson has helped more than 10,000 insurance professionals to reach their career objectives since we opened our doors in 1971. Whether they are looking to advance their careers through a job change or temporary opportunity or want to serve the industry as insurance consultants, Jacobson is the trusted career resource for insurance professionals.
We are in the business of creating meaningful client and candidate matches that yield success for both parties. All of our insurance placement services are free of charge to candidates, and assignments are handled with the highest degree of confidentiality.