IT Audit Manager - Change Assurance
Job Description : Job Description
Audit Services is an integral and active part of a dynamic risk management environment at our Company. We have a robust and client-focused strategic plan to leverage data-driven insights as competitive advantages to differentiate the brand and Light the Way to Financial Well-Being. To achieve this, we recognize the importance of data as a critical asset, and therefore the reliability and protection of data is of paramount importance.
The IT Audit Manager plays an important role on the Audit Services team with active influence on the organization's data-enabled strategic journey. The IT Audit Manager is responsible for providing value-added, independent and objective risk-based internal audit assurance and advisory services for the Company in the higher risk and more complex areas. Responsibilities include:
• Provide active and value-added IT assurance of enterprise and business projects and change initiatives, including people, process, and technology change management and integration. Understand business strategies, objectives and processes, identify and assess risks, gaps, controls, and business impact.
• Plan, develop, and execute dynamic and risk focused IT assurance engagements, audits, and/or assessments and appropriate procedures. This includes scoping and planning, testing, presenting issues, reviewing action plans, preparing audit reports, monitoring and validating issue closure.
• Provide value-added recommendations and consultation on programmatic, operational, risks, and controls throughout the Company.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the design, implementation and testing of controls that mitigate risk, and support other audit teams to ensure such auditing is appropriately designed and executed.
• Build and maintain relationships with business and technology teammates aligned to, and help management achieve objectives.
• Lead staff auditors in the design and execution of assurance and/or audit procedures when appropriate. Train, coach, and mentor junior team members to enhance achievement of goals and objectives. Provide training on more complex and difficult areas.
• Develop innovative ways to conduct IT assurance, audits, and/or risk assessments, such as use of leading data analytics practices.
• Continue developing overall audit and advisory skills. Pursue continuing education and keep abreast of current trends, new developments and practices in the audit and risk profession. Monitor current trends and new technologies as they apply to area of specialization. On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing Qualifications
. Basic Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years minimum IT audit and risk assessment experience.
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong experience, skill, and/or competency in:
o Performing or leading risk assessments, IT audits, and reviews of enterprise and business projects, including enterprise system design and implementation
o Developing and executing risk-based IT audit programs or assessments including planning, fieldwork and testing, issue vetting and reporting.
o Driving quality, timeliness and budget management across multiple, simultaneous audits
o Building relationships with senior IT and business management through regular conversations, proactive engagement in client projects and offering valuable insights
o Excellent verbal and written communication to people at various organizational levels and with different levels of technology experience.
o Identifying compliance and regulatory requirements related to technology and IT operations within the financial industry such as Dodd-Frank and Payment Card Industry Compliance.
o Applying IT audit skills including experience applying NIST, FFIEC, COBIT, ITIL, ISO and PMI standards in planning, executing and presenting results for audits and assessments.
o Ability to develop and execute a forward looking, innovative, and emerging-risk focused internal audit and assurance program
o Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment and with a team
o Project management and consulting skills
o Problem solving, critical thinking, adaptability, and flexibility skills
o Decision making, interpersonal and negotiating skills Preferred Qualifications:
• Audit or risk consulting experience in financial services industry
• Certification in an audit and risk management discipline such as CISA, CIA, ITIL, CPA, CFE, CISSP, CISM, or CRISC.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf