Fund Accounting & Administration - Officer
The Fund Controller Group (FCG) is responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of performance investment data for global real estate funds and affiliated entities. FCG is part of the Real Assets Fund Administration Services team within the State Street Global Services' Alternative Investment Solutions division. The department is located in the Atlanta office.
FCG is responsible for providing our clients and their investors with annual and quarterly financial reports, management, acquisition and other fee calculations, investor capital notices, fund, investor, and investment return calculations as well as various other investor reports requested. The team has an in-depth knowledge of the various fund structures, investor LP agreements, financial reporting, investment make-up, and investor base of our clients' real estate funds
FCG is part of a growing and innovative group within State Street. Third party administration, while standard practice in the PE/Hedge industry, is just taking off in the real estate industry. Through continuous interaction with client executive management and the IT department, our goal is to develop systems and business processes to prepare and fund administration services in an accurate, quality, and timely manner.
This role is responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for investment funds and affiliated entities. Duties include and are not limited to:
- Supervising all lower level staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff).
- Manage client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Review quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Review and/or preparation of estimated tax workpapers.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- 1 year of leadership experience
- Previous Financial reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
- Accounting Degree
- Real Estate, Fund, or Private Equity accounting experience
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- The ideal candidate will be a well-organized detailed oriented, analytical individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and pressure while delivering the highest quality work product.