Escalated Complaint Resolution Specialist
Job Description : Job Description
Reviews and analyzes client complaints elevated from regulatory agencies such as the Federal Reserve, HUD, FHA, State Attorneys General, Federal and State Legislators, State Regulators, and from our Company Executives/Legal/Compliance/Human Resources, external attorneys and the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Complaints are received by e-mail, fax, paper (mail), social media (Twitter/Facebook). Analyze for source, problem type and complexity, categorize for level of needed investigation and coordination to resolve and respond. Apply knowledge of our Company products and services, relevant regulatory and legal considerations, providing an objective, accurate, fair resolution for the client and for our Company while meeting service level standards. Act as the authorized representative of our Executive management delivering resolution and decisions directly to clients, regulatory, other external sources, and internal business managers.
Provide Quality Monitoring of department work; review for content, accuracy, Company communication and brand standards and service level adherence. Insures high profile/high risk cases are elevated and documented with department management, process defects escalated to LOBs and functional areas within our Company. Provide project and research resource for Compliance/Legal/Audit for internal and regulatory inquiry and response. Act as case manager in initial and follow-up interactions with external regulatory or other sources. Compose and deliver documented response which meets our Company communication and privacy standards, applies professional level writing expertise and superior verbal communication. Provide coaching, subject matter expertise and editorial support to others on the team. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years experience in financial services related field, law firm or regulatory agency and three years engaged in client complaint resolution or regulatory/audit examinations or direct client service.
- Five years proven experience compiling and composing well written, complex correspondence including editorial authority.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills - to defuse and calm difficult client interactions and to clearly convey information. Expert MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Use of database for queries; report writing.
- Exposure to financial institution policies and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree, Ten years experience in Financial Services related institution with concentration in one or more of the following areas: Consumer (including mortgage) lending; Retail Banking, Banking Operations, Commercial Lending, or Wealth and Investment Management, Compliance /Legal /Audit/Human Resources.
- Two years of this experience at our Company.
- Experienced user of multiple Systems in our Company; examples include Mortgage MLCS/MSP; Fidelity; PLX; Platform, OBIQ, Company research and document retrieval systems, Sales Force, Investment Services/PWIM related.
- Paralegal certification or Industry related certifications/licenses. MS Office Mastery certifications.
- Six Sigma certifications.
- Expert/professional communication skills; written and verbal. MS publisher, webpage skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf