The nation's largest independent retirement and college savings service provider and one of Inc. 5,000's Fastest Growing Private Companies is hiring!
Swerdlin & Company, an Ascensus company, is an actuarial and third party administration (TPA) firm based in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for a candidate for our defined contribution team. The perfect candidate would be a highly motivated individual with exceptional work ethic and a strong knowledge of ESOP and 401(k) plan administration. The successful candidate will have the ability to meet goals and deadlines while working in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the overall client engagement start to finish.
- Complete plan allocations, perform all compliance testing, prepare Form 5500 and required schedules
- A clear understanding of technical issues, and the ability to clearly demonstrate both orally and in writing.
- The ability to communicate with Advisors, CPA's, and Attorney’s as it pertains to the plan is a must.
- Annual expectations for specific work duties include: annual/quarterly valuations, compliance testing, financial and government (Form 5500) reporting, plan audit support and plan document services.
- Have extensive knowledge of legislative regulations of defined contribution plans including, but not limited to, 401(k) and ESOP/KSOPs.
- Interacts with team members and colleagues at all levels.
- Documents all procedures and processes.
- Ensures proper review, sign-off, and quality control of all compliance testing and peer review.
- Monitor work to ensure that deadlines are being met while handling multiple tasks.
- Review of distributions and loans, testing, Form 5500 and plan documents.
- Must be a team player and able to work independently; the ability to perform quality work in a fast-paced environment and meet supported deadlines.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- At least three to five years of experience in ESOP administration.
- Organization and communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility to work extended hours, during peak activity months.
- Government filings such as Form 5500, VCP and DFVCP requests.
- Compliance tests including: IRC 401(a) general nondiscrimination, ADP/ACP, 410(b) coverage, 416 top heavy tests and 409(p) tests.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Experience with Relius (Administration and Government Forms) preferred.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws