Director for People Manager Strategy
Description About this role About BlackRock
Our mission at BlackRock is to create a better financial future for our clients by building a different kind of brand in the world of finance - one squarely rooted in our purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being. We know investor expectations, behaviors, and perceptions are changing. At BlackRock, we see this as an opportunity to challenge businesses to reach higher standards with regard to people, process, and technology.
As the world's largest asset manager, leading provider of financial technology, and fiduciary to investors, our clients turn to BlackRock for solutions to their most critical issues. Our clients are companies, governments, foundations, and millions of individuals saving for retirement, their children's educations, and a better life.
BlackRock employees from around the globe are students of the market and students of technology, respectfully anti-bureaucratic, and innovative at the core. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock The Role
At BlackRock, our People Managers drive employees' performance, engagement and sense of belonging. The Director for People Manager Strategy will be an innovative problem solver who can craft and execute firm-wide and global efforts to enable our People Managers to continue developing their skills and bringing BlackRock's culture to life for each employee.
Reporting to the Global Head of Leadership & Manager Development, this person will join the team responsible for designing and delivering leadership development experiences, including many of BlackRock's flagship programs; managing executive coaching engagement and succession planning; engaging people managers to further develop their skills, and managing the Leadership and Management Academy.
More specifically, the incumbent in this role will develop the strategy that will allow us to reach more managers more effectively, drive the creation of the curriculum and how it's delivered to support business-specific efforts. We are on a journey to:
You need to have:
- Better embed our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion priorities in what we teach managers and how we deliver the learning
- Drive real impact and behavior change so the employee experience is more consistent
- Design tailored experiences for different managers - based on location, business, tenure, team size & makeup
- Assess and measure managers' performance
- Use data and analytics to prioritize our efforts and ensure we are providing relevant information to the right managers
- Ensure we are staying on top of industry best practices
- 10+ years of HR experience, preferably in management/leadership development
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required, ideally in a related field
- Strong and proven project management experience and communication skills, with the preferred ability to produce high quality PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent Excel proficiency and the ability to analyze data
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high results
- Experience working in a large, global, dispersed team preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.