Director, Finance Systems
- Not Specified
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets.
BlackRock uses a single Global Instance of the Oracle E-Business Suite to support finance operations in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Within finance, the Financial Operations Support Team is responsible to act as the liaison between Finance and Corporate Applications to support on-going maintenance, continuous business process improvement, training and further expansion of the application and user base. This position will have an in-depth knowledge of subject matter surrounding current and evolving application solutions, industry standards, best practices, root cause analysis, opportunities, and training. He/she will also work with cross-functional project teams consisting of technical and business unit team members and should have professional level service skills including an ability to communicate, negotiate, and implement processes for the applications which they will manage. This is a leadership role with responsibility for managing the financial application support teams, and implementation of financial systems strategy.
The Director, Finance Systems will be a key partner to implement and support the company’s portfolio of finance applications. The portfolio includes both 3rd party solutions as well as proprietary in-house developed applications. This position aligns the finance systems’ roadmap and priorities with business stakeholders and interacts with the application development and support teams including both the ERP, and in-house developed applications. The Director, Finance Systems will drive full lifecycle initiatives and help manage/maintain the existing application base in accordance with a controlled systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Plans, assigns and directs the activities of personnel involved in the requirements definition, design, development, test and systems analysis functions required to create new or enhance existing software applications or install and implement software purchased from outside vendors.
- Work directly with internal and external Audit on SOX compliance and testing strategies.
- Work with financial systems users and management to determine appropriate system configuration and setup and adherence to system and SOX controls.
- Understands and implements financial accounting requirements for multinational / other countries.
- Provides leadership and expertise to one or more enterprise information systems that include ERP, business intelligence, and workflow automation based on specific requirements.
- Work closely with the IT and Finance teams to oversee system administrative tasks as considered necessary for each of the implemented systems.
- Provides functional and administrative guidance as required to ensure projects are on track.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors staff and managers direct reports.
- Recommends changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user.
- Monitors task assignments and completions to ensure timely and quality performance.
- Communicates department and Company goals and objectives to employees and relays employee feedback to appropriate management members.
- Reports evaluation and implementation results to senior management and other individuals as appropriate.
- Conducts performance management activities for direct reports and ensures that processes are followed for employees in the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred; other related degrees or equivalent work experience considered.
- 10 plus years of experience working with Oracle E-Business suite including release 12.1.3, preferably in a financial services company.
- Extensive implementation and management experience with ERP Applications – specifically Oracle. Thorough understanding of the ERP functional and technical landscape of the system.
- Thorough knowledge of the systems development life cycle including structured analysis, test, and documentation required for building and supporting finance applications.
- Must understand technical architecture of Oracle Application across modules
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple projects and assignment
- Must have worked on a Single Global Instance model and elaborate challenges and mitigation in running global business
- Experience in working with OMCS and Oracle On-Demand / Cloud solutions is a plus.
- Must be able to deliver and meet timelines in a fast paced global project environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Must have exemplary communication and analytical skills (both oral and written).
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and take ownership of a process.
- Must be able to work in a team matrix environment, encouraging information sharing and knowledge seeking, and must possess business skills and have the ability to transfer these skills to others.
- Must have strong customer service skills; be able to sense and respond appropriately to the feelings, needs and concerns of others.
- Proven ability to gather critical information and the ability to quickly diagnose problems and provide an immediate solution or escalate the problem to the accountable resources for a solution definition, ensuring that the support process loop includes communication back to the customer.
- Must be self-directed, take initiative and be persistent when appropriate to accomplish necessary duties and keep busy without prompting.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.